Just Viewed A Tweet .... Karen Aston

bdan2002

Dude you are on the ball today!! +1 for breaking this!!!

Looks like people are tweeting that Karen Aston - the Head Coach at UNC-Charlotte will get the job.

http://www.charlotte...TCLID=204860823

Interesting Career

1994-1996 Baylor (asst.)

1996-1998 North Texas (asst.)

1998-2006 Texas (asst.)

2006-2007 Baylor (assoc. head coach)

2007-present Charlotte

Even though I was hoping for Vic Schaefer.....this is a great move. I liked Aston a lot when she was one of Tina's assistants. She's a great recruiter.

So if she is the coach....this is a great.

And as to Schaefer....he might not even have been available. Blair is 65....Schaefer may be the Ags coach in waiting.

And this would be 2 "head coach-to-head coach" hires in a row.

Welcome back Coach Aston. GO MEAN GREEN

PS...After looking over the UN-C Women's basketball site, I noticed that former NT ass't Angela Ortega is / was on the Aston staff. I wonder if Ortega might come back to North Texas as well ?

Edited by greenjoe

And this would be 2 "head coach-to-head coach" hires in a row.

Welcome back Coach Aston. GO MEAN GREEN

PS...After looking over the UN-C Women's basketball site, I noticed that former NT ass't Angela Ortega is / was on the Aston staff. I wonder if Ortega might come back to North Texas as well ?

There is much speculation. I did get a message from a friend at hoopgurlz that believes Aston is the candidate of choice. I'll believe it when I see it. It is evident that some of the names being thrown around would bring a breath of fresh air, regardless. The Athletic Department must be under a gag order, no one really knows anything.

Aston could very easily step in and mold this team quickly.

Speculation on Twitter is Aston to NT:

gtgblog GreenTintedGlasses

WBB: Karen Aston resigns after run to WNIT Semi's. Sources say she is going to North Texas.

davidscott14 David Scott

Don't be surprised to see Karen Aston end up at North Texas, which has a vacancy and is near her Ark home. Longtime asst at Texas, Baylor

http://twitter.com/#!/search/Karen%20Aston

If true, this would seem to be another great hire by RV. Stepping up to hire an experienced and successful HC for our women's team is long overdue. The women have as much potential to win and win big for UNT than any other program at UNT. What a great thing it would be to see our ladies playing with smiles on their faces once again while bringing back that winning attitude. Looks like good things are happening for the ladies.

I'll be happy to see this hire confirmed, but "it ain't over until it's over"...I think that was a quote from the great Yogi Berra. If not, it sure sounds like a Yogi quote.

GO MEAN GREEN....let's get this done and announced!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

another great hire by RV. Stepping up to hire an experienced and successful HC for our women's team is long overdue.

you do realize the last inexperienced hire was by rv too, correct? or some say it was dr. b's hire. either way it should be a lesson learned about being wowed just by an interview performance. :goodjob:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

you do realize the last inexperienced hire was by rv too, correct? or some say it was dr. b's hire. either way it should be a lesson learned about being wowed just by an interview performance. :goodjob:

Agree 100%. But.....this lady has shingles on the wall, not some fancy presentation folder.