Story On Outlaw's Return

Brett Vito

Why did they choose to put a picture of one of his drops against Ohio on the page with this article? They could have substituted a picture of me getting kicked in the nuts and accomplished as much.

I am glad that he is back though.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

If Outlaw catches one of those passes the season is completely different and TD is still here. Felt too much like 'same old story' after that game and we never recovered.

You would have to throw in a lot more "what ifs" before Dodge would have been a success.

Outlaw had a bad game, it happens to everyone who plays. He was the starter and NT's deep threat his junior year and is a most welcomed addition to the team. I actually think the wrs will be stronger this year, with Carey, Bynes, Strafford, Taylor and now with the surprise return of Outlaw and Olawale being switched to the position. Also as much as I would have liked to have Riley back, I think the wrs will fare better with a stronger arm at QB.

• Upvote 3

You would have to throw in a lot more "what ifs" before Dodge would have been a success.

Outlaw had a bad game, it happens to everyone who plays. He was the starter and NT's deep threat his junior year and is a most welcomed addition to the team. I actually think the wrs will be stronger this year, with Carey, Bynes, Strafford, Taylor and now with the surprise return of Outlaw and Olawale being switched to the position. Also as much as I would have liked to have Riley back, I think the wrs will fare better with a stronger arm at QB.

Although not proven at UNT as a WR, Brelan Chancellor's Kickoff Return against Kansas State with all those broken tackles shows he could be exciting as a Slot Receiver once he gets the ball in his hands.

Although not proven at UNT as a WR, Brelan Chancellor's Kickoff Return against Kansas State with all those broken tackles shows he could be exciting as a Slot Receiver once he gets the ball in his hands.

Because this video NEVER GETS OLD and could be the best representation of UNT Football we have on Youtube (even if it was a cell-phone cam).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU9iom7f3qc

Did someone say "down like a sack of potatoes"?

That kid was a beast in his prime, so was the defense as a whole. Don't throw down the center, short, because our LBs would kill you. Don't run, because you'll hit a wall. Don't throw long because the DBs will snag that ball from you or light you up like a christmas ornament (ala the Jonas Buckles stun-shot).

If you take a look at the Brelan vid, starting around the 7 sec mark when he is starting to pull past every one...there are two KState players still in the hunt that gain some steam before a UNT player (#30?) comes from the top of the screen, cuts through the crowd and lays them both out.

I had to watch that about 10 times.

Are any of those old highlight videos available anywhere? I've regretted not purchasing them when they first came out.

Looks like a couple (the best two IMO) are available through amazon.com (for cheap):

http://www.amazon.com/North-Texas-Mean-Green-Football/dp/B003DI51BO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1301968134&sr=8-7

http://www.amazon.com/North-Texas-Mean-Green-Football/dp/B003DIAYPW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1301968134&sr=8-8

The only other two that I'm aware of are the 2005 highlight DVD and the New Orleans Bowl victory DVD vs. Cincinnati.