New Route To Stadium

All About UNT

While some of you have probably thought the same very thing...I created an image that shows an alternate route to get to the stadium. I would imagine that most on this board that are attending games will be able to get to the game to tailgate well before the 1 and a half hour before gametime shutdown of Willowwood. This map is for those that do not make it in time to take that road to access the stadium's lots. The alternate route is not much further away and will not be shutdown.... the road is RoseLawn off of Ft. Worth Dr.

New%20ROute.jpg

i've become a bigger fan of prolonged, after game tailgating now that the streets will be closed through the neighborhood...just gonna have to watch the beer consumption after the game. we won't have an issue before the game, always there 3 plus hours before kickoff...can't wait!!!

i've become a bigger fan of prolonged, after game tailgating now that the streets will be closed through the neighborhood...just gonna have to watch the beer consumption after the game. we won't have an issue before the game, always there 3 plus hours before kickoff...can't wait!!!

Im always there really early so I'll be taking Willow Wood to get there. Im sure I'll probably forget ice or ketchup or something. Think I'll take Willow Wood to get to the store.

• Upvote 2

What if you are coming from 35W? Do you still have to go up 35E and down Fort Worth Drive?

Exit either Bonnie Brae, which puts you right at the intersection on the NW side of the stadium property, or exit Oak, turn right on Oak and a right on Bonnie Brae.

While some of you have probably thought the same very thing...I created an image that shows an alternate route to get to the stadium. I would imagine that most on this board that are attending games will be able to get to the game to tailgate well before the 1 and a half hour before gametime shutdown of Willowwood. This map is for those that do not make it in time to take that road to access the stadium's lots. The alternate route is not much further away and will not be shutdown.... the road is RoseLawn off of Ft. Worth Dr.

New%20ROute.jpg

This will be my group's route as well!! Nice work AAUNT!

You could also exit NT Blvd., turn left across I35 and go to the end of NT Blvd. Turn right on Highland Park and follow it to Wisteria. Turn left on Wisteria which will make a hard right becoming Highland Park Rd. Follow Highland Park Rd. to Bonnie Brae and turn left.

You could also exit NT Blvd., turn left across I35 and go to the end of NT Blvd. Turn right on Highland Park and follow it to Wisteria. Turn left on Wisteria which will make a hard right becoming Highland Park Rd. Follow Highland Park Rd. to Bonnie Brae and turn left.

My guess is that the NT Blvd. bridge will be closed to vehicles on game days. They'll probably allow traffic from the south to turn right and traffic from the north go straight through on the service road.

My guess is that the NT Blvd. bridge will be closed to vehicles on game days. They'll probably allow traffic from the south to turn right and traffic from the north go straight through on the service road.

That makes sense but the traffic it will cause on the exit from 35E will be brutal...I am guessing folks will exit McCormick now to avoid the backup.

I think that was the plan, but from the sounds of that recent DR-C article, the street closing is forcing them to open the bridge to vehicle traffic.

I think that was the plan, but from the sounds of that recent DR-C article, the street closing is forcing them to open the bridge to vehicle traffic.

Maybe, but I think that would be dangerous for all of the pedestrians. My guess is that the south ingress will be the new access road on the southbound side via the Bonnie Brae exit (forced left turn). The north ingress will be Bonnie Brae (forced right turn).

For people parking at Fouts, I'm sure they'll be directed off 35E at McCormick like Harry mentioned, and from 35W they'll be directed off at Bonnie Brae as well (forced left). Honestly, I'd be surprised if the NT Blvd exit was even available on game days, because it'd back way too much traffic onto the highway. At least with McCormick you can have officers directing traffic there and plenty of breathing room.

Where is tailgating?

If you're a MGC member, it'll be around the stadium/Victory. If you're not, it'll be at Fouts. That's my impression, anyways.

Edited by ColoradoEagle