Gomeangreen.com Name Tags

greenjoe

How would the GMG family feel about GOMEANGREEN.COM name tags ? I envision a green plastic tag with a magnetic backing with one's GMG name and the member's real name. I go to events and later hear of other GMG members being at the same event but I have no idea who some of you are.

On the other hand, do most of the GMG members perfer to be invisible ? to be able to voice opinions or ideas that they'd rather not be associated with in person ?

Just a thought. And I get to pick the shade of green. My idea.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

How would the GMG family feel about GOMEANGREEN.COM name tags ? I envision a green plastic tag with a magnetic backing with one's GMG name and the member's real name. I go to events and later hear of other GMG members being at the same event but I have no idea who some of you are.

On the other hand, do most of the GMG members perfer to be invisible ? to be able to voice opinions or ideas that they'd rather not be associated with in person ?

GO MEAN GREEN

Only cowardly types subscribe to this M.O.

I have such a tag that I had made about six years ago. It was plain block lettering on the wrong shade of green. I think it is a damned good idea and would wear it with pride. I did have a young lady tell me that I didn't look anything like my posts! :)

There has never been a toy more epic than the POWER GLOVE. I wore mine to school in the 2nd grade and accidentally punched one of my friends in the face with it. His nose and eye were jacked.

But you did save the princess at the same time.

There has never been a toy more epic than the POWER GLOVE. I wore mine to school in the 2nd grade and accidentally punched one of my friends in the face with it. His nose and eye were jacked.

Hold on.

Although the original idea of wearing nametags with your GMG.com moniker is a decent one... What if we all wore Power Gloves with our GMG.com moniker's on them???? What about THAT??!!

Green P1, you're a genius!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hold on.

Although the original idea of wearing nametags with your GMG.com moniker is a decent one... What if we all wore Power Gloves with our GMG.com moniker's on them???? What about THAT??!!

Green P1, you're a genius!

This is the single most dangerous idea in the history of the internet. If It can be made to happen... I'm in.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This is the greatest hijack of an otherwise harmless thread that I have ever seen.

But if there's more interest in name tags (green name tags) than in power gloves, I'll find out what the cost would be. We could even include "member since" information if desired. And the number of power gloves one has at home.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GO MEAN GREEN

Great idea! You can wear it by choice. I met a GMG.com poster the other day when I went on the AC deck to take a quick look at the new MeanGreen Stadium. Totally enjoyed getting to know him. Had a lot in common! Tea party!! MeanGreenVictoryGang party unites!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey green guys & gals,

I happen to work (web design) for a company who makes name tags, and we have a donation program that you might find useful. At very least, I'm sure we can swing you a deal on some sweet, mean & green name tags. Let me know what you think! www.nametag.com

(Love the power glove idea! Though I've never been fortunate enough to own one.)

This is the greatest hijack of an otherwise harmless thread that I have ever seen.

But if there's more interest in name tags (green name tags) than in power gloves, I'll find out what the cost would be. We could even include "member since" information if desired. And the number of power gloves one has at home.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Name tags are nerdy....there is no way around it. I would prefer tshirts with our names on the back like what we saw at the basketball game. Generate a shirt for the board without cluttering it up (too many words) then send out an order. People can wear these to the game and give the site PR. Do we have any amateur t-shirt designers in here?

I don't think that the name tags are nerdy unless half the country are nerds because thousands of gatherings use name tags. Having said that, the t-shirt idea is the best and you won't go off and leave a t-shirt as you might a name tag.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 1

Just sign up to play in either (or both) the GMG.Com flag football game or Basketball Classic and you'll have yourself a nifty t-shirt with your GMG.com name on the back. :thumbsu:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't think that the name tags are nerdy unless half the country are nerds because thousands of gatherings use name tags. Having said that, the t-shirt idea is the best and you won't go off and leave a t-shirt as you might a name tag.

I too fall under this half...so don't get me wrong. It is just an easier sell to have a tshirt do the talking. Not to mention the font size difference between a nametag and a shirt.

Name tags couold be worn with a t-shirt, a polo shirt, on the lapel of a sport jacket, or on a ball cap. A name tag won't get so dirty a quick wipe with a paper towel can't clean it. And lastly, ONE SIZE FITS ALL. No need to ask it the name tag is 100% cotton, etc.

• Upvote 3