Another Letter To The Editor From Denia

SUMG

At least the prolific John Weber gets creative with his writing.....but points off for lack of originality. Calling it The Green Death Star, is just copying The Death Star nickname for Cowboys Stadium. Anyway here's Johnny's weekly (or it is daily?) effort. The fourth letter:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/opinion/letters/stories/DRC_Letters_0208.133956b5b.html

Someone on GMG who lives in Denton should write a letter to the <i>DRC</i> supporting the stadium and countering the claims of the Denia group. Although they can't stop the stadium at this point, there's probably ways the city of Denton could still screw things up. People who like the idea of the stadium and believe the city benefits from it should speak out.

John Weber sits in his living room in the Denia neighborhood of Denton, and opens a guidbook to editorial writing...he reads, and reads, and reads. Then he reaches the rule that would finally take him to the next level...

Editorial Writing Rule #364: If it is impossible to gain credibility on the merits of your argument, only one viable option remains. Turn you letter into a Star Wars metaphor.

John Weber: (yells triumphantly) "Yes, YEEESSS, that will do it (evil laugh). Those UNT folks will finally know that I mean business. Oh, crap." (Weber quickly becomes quiet and looks toward the TV concernedly) "Did I remember to DVR Star Trek?"

(Curtains Close and Fade to Black) :ph34r:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I think we are going about this all wrong. A few of us should rent stormtrooper costumes and patrol the area between Denia and the stadium.

Storm Troopers may be the answer to protect the stadium. Here is what the plan could look like. 17 storm troopers between the stadium and Denia. 4 Storm Troopers guarding the club level, and 1 storm trooper protecting the office of "Ricky the Hut" (RV).

gallery_6857_13_53221.jpg

• Upvote 7