15 Recruits Coming In This Weekend

SUMG

That's the number I was told. I guess we know McNulty (QB from Iowa) and Donnovon Young (RB from Houston, who has verbaled to Illinois) are two of the 15.

Hopefully some D linemen are visiting.

Maybe some more names will surface.

• Upvote 3

That's the number I was told. I guess we know McNulty (QB from Iowa) and Donnovon Young (RB from Houston, who has verbaled to Illinois) are two of the 15.

Hopefully some D linemen are visiting.

Maybe some more names will surface.

If you look at the commitments in the recruiting offer forum it shows QB Brent Osborn

Northwest JC Senatobia Mississippi will visit UNT 12-17-10.

Good timing for my daughter to have a dead battery on her car, after replacing her battery I asked her to take me up to the AC so I could view the progress of the stadium.

We arrived at the AC around 12:30 this afternoon and there were a slew of recruits (with their families) touring the facilities. For those of you with an interest in lineman there were some big dudes in the group (no telling if they were offensive or defensive). In fact, I heard Coach Mac ask one of the guys leaving the training room, "how did you weigh out?" and the kid replied, "275lbs". He was around 6"3. Even with all the activity, Coach Mac took 3-4 minutes to chat with my daughter about the upcoming soccer season. In the 5-10 minutes of watching the recruits and their families they really seemed impressed with the facilities - lots of smiles.

After seeing recruits in person on campus, I'm confident it won't be long until we hear about more commitments.

Edited by UNTDude
  • Upvote 6

Good timing for my daughter to have a dead battery on her car, after replacing her battery I asked her to take me up to the AC so I could view the progress of the stadium.

We arrived at the AC around 12:30 this afternoon and there were a slew of recruits (with their families) touring the facilities. For those of you with an interest in lineman there were some big dudes in the group (no telling if they were offensive or defensive). In fact, I heard Coach Mac ask one of the guys leaving the training room, "how did you weigh out?" and the kid replied, "275lbs". He was around 6"3. Even with all the activity, Coach Mac took 3-4 minutes to chat with my daughter about the upcoming soccer season. In the 5-10 minutes of watching the recruits and their families they really seemed impressed with the facilities - lots of smiles.

After seeing recruits in person on campus, I'm confident it won't be long until we hear about more commitments.

Appreciate the update!! GMG!!

I'm not too sure how many we want to hear about. I would imagine that there is perhaps an equal amount coming in next week for the football banquet. That's usually some of the higher profile recruits if history holds.

We know the ones that have indicated an interest in North Texas but there could be a few that are highly rated with no previous interest shown (at least as far as Rivals, Scout and ESPN are concerned) that will be here in the next two weeks. Those might wait until they find that there are no scholarships left from their non-AQ BCS choices.

This staff looks to be excellent recruiters but we all know that the uncommited was a pretty sparse list by the time the staff was in place. With more success this year we should do a lot better next year.