Louisiana Lafayette (1/1/11)

CMJ

After our dominating win over UALR, Bob Marlin's Cajuns come calling. Do we avoid a letdown? Will we have a good crowd?

We usually have a rough time getting started in league play, so I'm a bit nervous for that reason alone.

(I'm not even gonna be able to listen to the game - so someone else can keep up with the scoring updates for the board)

I'm really looking forward to this. In my hometown, the NBA DL team does a Christmas night game every year and it's a really fun atmosphere. If we could build the tradition of a New Year's day game, I would love it. That said, I think it's not very likely because of all the football games. :lol:

Hoping for a good turnout and a blowout.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

See you at the Super Pit! I can't think of a much better way to welcome 2011 than cheering the Mean green on to win #2 in conference play...unless it's that Ben Knox double double that Eulesseagle mentioned!

The Sam Houston game showed the team what happens when they overlook someone. I don't expect that to happen again this year. Undefeated in conference play.

I don't think we overlooked SHSU. We were a bit flat, but they just beat us. I saw the warning signs for that game a mile away.

I will be stunned if we go undefeated in the SBC.

As bad as they are, I suspect at Denver will be tough as well.

Scotto on the UALR forum did the math, and the shift in elevation from sea level to Denver changes the distance on what would be a 20 foot shot at sea level by 11 inches. I'm not a physicist and I don't know how he came to that number, but the UALR people are an older and more intelligent/reserved group than most message board people, so I give him credit for having at least some idea of what he's talking about.

Score inside, adjust quickly during warmups, or struggle.

Edited by TheTastyGreek
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

With a win today, Tristan and Josh would tie Justin Howerton/Harold Stewart as the winningest players in program history. Barring unforseen circumstances, both guys will finish way above that 77 win mark, but I felt Stew/Justin deserved the recognition of being tied.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1