New North Texas Uniforms

wardly

I came across this board via google.

North Texas needs something but copying the U is a slap in the face. Miami has 5 Nat'l chips & 10 conference titles. And North Texas sucks. Face it. And Miami is one of the iconic football programs. Smh.

Ten conference titles? UNT has 24 conference titles. Miami was an iconic program but they haven't been relevant on the field in several years. Now they are relevant off the field but not in a good way.

I came across this board via google.

North Texas needs something but copying the U is a slap in the face. Miami has 5 Nat'l chips & 10 conference titles. And North Texas sucks. Face it. And Miami is one of the iconic football programs. Smh.

And the truth comes out. Miami was a nobody until Jimmy arrived and they started buying players, which they are still doing after all these years. Your comment about my alma mater and the fact you used google to find the site coupled with your screenname tells me you have a vested interest in seeing something you think is marketable. Bye Troll.

• Upvote 1

And the truth comes out. Miami was a nobody until Jimmy arrived and they started buying players, which they are still doing after all these years. Your comment about my alma mater and the fact you used google to find the site coupled with your screenname tells me you have a vested interest in seeing something you think is marketable. Bye Troll.

Technically they won the '83 championship before Jimmy arrived. However, before the 80's they were close to dropping football. I'm not bashing Miami. They had an amazing run with some amazing players and teams. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they never recaptured that old magic.

Ten conference titles? UNT has 24 conference titles. Miami was an iconic program but they haven't been relevant on the field in several years. Now they are relevant off the field but not in a good way.

I'm not trying to take shots @ North Texas in any way. But Miami's 9>North Texas's 24. I was wrong Miami only has 9 conference titles. But you are correct we are in spotlight for the wrong reasons right now. I feel bad for Al Golden, though, being hired into this mess unknowingly (or so he claims).

• Downvote 5

Ever heard of a guy named Howard Schnellenberger? Jimmy wasn't the coach until the 84 season season. Schnellenberger was the coach from 79-83, and he would have been there longer if he hadn't left to do this USFL team thing in Miami that never materialized.

• Downvote 3

Any advice from anyone remotely associated with Miami is likely bad advice.

The glitz and glory of Miami is gone. It's obvious those championships were a sham. I don't know why anyone wants to hang on to it.

Basically any successful athletic university has done some shit, just didn't get caught. It's just when Miami gets caught shit gets blown waaaay out of portion since the image people have about the university & school.

• Downvote 8

Basically any successful athletic university has done some shit, just didn't get caught. It's just when Miami gets caught shit gets blown waaaay out of portion since the image people have about the university & school.

A booster paying for an abortion of a girl knocked up by a player without the player even knowing the girl is pregnant?

Every big time school does NOT do this. Pure sleeze, and has been for years.

• Upvote 3

A booster paying for an abortion of a girl knocked up by a player without the player even knowing the girl is pregnant?

Every big time school does NOT do this. Pure sleeze, and has been for years.

Okay maybe not that. I'm not here to bash North Texas at all. Not at all. I'm just a proud Canes fan. Once I finish with my classes at community college, I'll be transferring to UNT.

• Downvote 3

Okay maybe not that. I'm not here to bash North Texas at all. Not at all. I'm just a proud Canes fan. Once I finish with my classes at community college, I'll be transferring to UNT.

So... Why are you a Canes fan again?

If you are coming here, get on board THIS train.

• Upvote 2

At least get rid of that stupid logo if you didn't go there. You'll be trying to hard to fit in at UNT. Grab a UNT shirt or hat, and become college football's cubs fan. It's a shit load more respectable than being a "'canes" fan that never went there.

I used to be a UT fan when I was little and grew up in Austin, until I went to UNT. I'd like to see Texas do well until they became too hard to root for, not unlike Miami now. Just some Words from the wise.

That's because this forum is full of a bunch of OLD GEEZERS, who resist any change. You guys know its true, whats the average age of this forum's posters? Some where in the 40's?

I'm 21 and I can't stand this uniform idiocracy as I've stated before. It's driving me into the sweet bussom of insanity

• Upvote 2

Welcome friend. They'll warm up to you soon enough. They always do.

a big congratulations to the prince of darkness for his new recruit... unfortunately, rivals and espn currently have him rated fairly low and nobody feels he has the size to be a force in the paint. you better spend some extra time teaching the outside jumper for him to amount to anything.

• Upvote 1

a big congratulations to the prince of darkness for his new recruit... unfortunately, rivals and espn currently have him rated fairly low and nobody feels he has the size to be a force in the paint. you better spend some extra time teaching the outside jumper for him to amount to anything.

He'll need to put on the right jersey before he sees the court.

• Upvote 1

I don't get THIS.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not trying to take shots @ North Texas in any way. But Miami's 9>North Texas's 24. I was wrong Miami only has 9 conference titles. But you are correct we are in spotlight for the wrong reasons right now. I feel bad for Al Golden, though, being hired into this mess unknowingly (or so he claims).

WE? WE? I thought you were a community college student currently that plans on transferring to North Texas. We, North Texas, are not Miami, have no desire to be Miami and have much better reputation than they will ever have. Our conference titles go beyond the couple earlier this decade in the Sun Belt, back when we integrated our sports teams way before SMU ever thought about it and were recruiting players the likes of Mean Joe Greene, Cedrick Hardeman, Abner Haynes, Steve Ramsey, Ron Shanklin, Ray Renfro, etc.... You can't compare Miami's nine conference titles with our's when the majority of our's were in an era prior to the "super" conferences that are currently ruining college football. Miami is Thug U. Your clip of Sapp and Irvin says it all. Oh, and Randall Hill is another fine example of "The U's" character. I can't believe people like this program.

Not here to bash North Texas? Really? Let's see, you've called us "$hitty" and drop MF's here and there, discredit our history. I'd hate to see what you call bashing. Maybe you should apply to Miami.

As was mentioned earlier, if you are coming to North Texas, support North Texas.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We don't want or need you as a fan, thanks though. Texas State & UTSA are taking applications though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2