John Skladany Next Dc?

Harry

I love it! Coach Mac made no bones about it that the defense will improve. I would imagine with the success Skladany brought Iowa State and UH recently, that Mac wants Skladany here as his DC. In talking with some U of H people they really seemed to think highly of Skladany, and said his defenses were so much better than they are were before he got there and are since he left (Brian Stewart-ex Cowboys DC is now down there).

Love that UH connection of the last 2 years.

He probably would know where Alvin, Danbury, Liverpool, Sweeney, Brazoria, Freeport, Pearland, Angleton, Clute, Lake Jackson, etc, are and not need a Texas map to find them (not that he'd want to go to my home county now unless for some great fried jumbo shrimp).

Last 2 Cougar greats from Brazoria County was UH QB Bo Burris and Receiver Elmo Wright from Sweeney, Texas.

One of the good things I heard last evening from Coach McCarney was that our defense will definitely be improved...and it will more than likely be led by a new defensive coordinator. I hope one that has the enthusiasm of both Coach Canales and Coach McCarney...and one that will actually help build the team through recruiting. OC's and DC's not recruiting on the road may work for the UT's and OU's of the world, but not for UNT. UNT needs "all hands on deck" when it comes to rebuilding this program. I look forward to a new DC for next season and a new attitude on defense. UNT has the players that can make this happen, they just need a coach to share their enthusiasm and effort...and to coach them.

GO MEAN GREEN!

He probably would know where Alvin, Danbury, Liverpool, Sweeney, Brazoria, Freeport, Pearland, Angleton, Clute, Lake Jackson, etc, are and not need a Texas map to find them (not that he'd want to go to my home county now unless for some great fried jumbo shrimp).

Last 2 Cougar greats from Brazoria County was UH QB Bo Burris and Receiver Elmo Wright from Sweeney, Texas.

If he knows where Rowanville is (or was), he's okay by me.

That's one decision I bet Sumlin wishes he could un-make. From 10-3 last year to finishing 5-7 Saturday.

Agreed...but that is with taking a huge hit by Keenum being injured. I would argue that DC is even more important of a hire than the OC since our offense is already in high gear (thanks to Coach C) and we just need to make sure that it is a homerun like the two hires that occurred this week.

If you're going back as far as Elmo Wright, you can't forget Jim Lindsey

Skladany is a good coordinator. He got scapegoated last year at UH. The defense was bad and so he got the axe. This season, with more talent across the board on the defensive side of the ball, the UH defense got worse. I'm guessing most UH faithful would have Jon back no questions asked.