What To Expect Against Uta

sparkmank

With our ball club it is going to be very hard to predict or assume whats going to happen on a given night... but with UTA coming to the pit i sure hope to imagine we will be energized and ready to play... UTA is younger than us so another close one could be in our favor but i so hope we dont come out of the gates lack lustered like we have in the previous two... production off the bench will be vital though (eventually jacob or alonzo are gonna have to put up quality numbers to ensure W's) I feel it will be a tight one just like this rivalry always seems to be... I expect a solid coached games both ways and feel our big and late game experince gives us the slight advantage (not to mention were also playing in the pit)but no matter what i bet its close... What do yall think?

GMG!!!

At the moment I am calling this squad the "Cardiac Kids" as they are doing their best to give me a heart attack. However, I see another win Tuesday. It may not be pretty, it may come late, but it will be another win for the Mean green, and I'll be there to see it...God willing and the Creek Don't Rise!

WIN for the Mean Green!!!!

If it's like all the other games in this series, it should be a close game and a lot of fun.

I'd love to predict a 10-point win by UTA but we have a very young team playing on the road against a very good North Texas team. The Mavs are a very talented, deep team and I think we'll probably be the conference champions a year or two down the road, but probably just not this year. 5-1 record includes a 15-point loss to Oregon State, a win at Houston Baptist and 4 home wins against non-Div. I schools. I think this year's team is better than last year's for UTA. We depended on one or two scorers last year for most of our points, but this year, we've got 6 or 7 guys that can really shoot the ball well. We have lot of guys that can really shoot the 3 (we made 14 one night this season at home), so if we get hot from outside, we might have a good chance at winning. And our defense and rebounding has looked really good at times. But I think this year the Mean Green win, maybe by 10.

After playing the Mean Green, we play Samford, Louisiana Tech, Arkansas, Kansas and Texas Tech on the road.

I'm guessing next year's game might be in the new arena (I think I read that by late 2011 it should be finished). A North Texas-UTA game in our new facility...that should be a GREAT atmosphere. Drove by there the other day and from what I can tell, every seat looks like it is going to be very close to the court.

Edited by utamav91

UTA has perhaps the most deceiving 5-1 record in America at the moment...

In fact, they are 1-1 against teams with a legitimate pulse...

A bad loss at Oregon St. (who lost to Texas Southern) and a road win over winless Houston Baptist...

The rest of their games have been against a slew of lower division opponents, all from Texas and all at home...

It's very hard to gauge this game because there is nothing to analyze except the Oregon St. game...

With that as a measure I would say UNT should win this one... Relatively easily...

UTA has perhaps the most deceiving 5-1 record in America at the moment...

A bad loss at Oregon St. (who lost to Texas Southern) and a road win over winless Houston Baptist...

With that as a measure I would say UNT should win this one... Relatively easily...

They were down 1 to Oregon St @ the half. As bad as JJ teams are on the road, I wouln't bet my life that we'd win in beaverton.

Just like we should slaughter a team that loses to Our lady of the lake.

If we don't play any better than we did against Texas St or Rice I could see us losing this game, UTA ALWAYS plays us tough over the last few years.

Edited by mdh0192

Just like we should slaughter a team that loses to Our lady of the lake.

If we don't play any better than we did against Texas St or Rice I could see us losing this game, UTA ALWAYS plays us tough over the last few years.

Well, they haven't played Our Lady...

BUT, they have played Texas Lutheran, Texas-Tyler, Hardin-Simmons and St. Edwards...

I agree that at this point UTA needs to be treated respectfully, but this is the type of team UNT needs to handle if they have any hope of getting things like at-large bids to the NCAA tournament...

i looked at UTA's recruiting the past few years and they've done a pretty nice job i have to admit... i think the mavs will be pumped up to play us a top team in the state ( after wins over Rice, Tech, TxSt) so i think it will be an extremely close game, but if we can get our big guys to step up (besides odufuwa) we should be able to control them in the paint....

UNT 82- 76

i looked at UTA's recruiting the past few years and they've done a pretty nice job i have to admit... i think the mavs will be pumped up to play us a top team in the state ( after wins over Rice, Tech, TxSt) so i think it will be an extremely close game, but if we can get our big guys to step up (besides odufuwa) we should be able to control them in the paint....

UNT 82- 76

I think there's no question the arena is helping us in recruiting. Look at the Super Pit, some of the other nice Sun Belt arenas like Arkansas Little-Rock has, or the Southland with Lamar's arena, etc...really good places to play. Texas Hall? Not so much.

I've seen us play UTA maybe 20 times in my life. Every team they have.....is athletic. So I expect we'll have our hands full. Glad that Marquez Haynes is gone (he was a senior last year....right?)

This match up has been a nail biter the past 23 years that I have been watching. It has never mattered who was the better team on paper. Always close. I'm so pissed I can't be there tomorrow. First UTA game I've missed in at least 20 years that I can think of. <_<

Rick

• Upvote 1