Wow....

edcollopy

where did the offense go???...Riley isn't running as much as last week. Tough day for the secondary. Hope they show up for the last game at fouts.

How about the defense...I don't think they have scored anywhere near that many points on another team this year....this has to be bad for Canales and of course DeLo.

Also can't seem to score in the red zone....WTF! Do we have any def backs? or did these guys just stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

The offense is the last of our worries. As I have asked before, who would Canales bring in as DC if he wins the job.

Rick

With all the injuries, I cant keep up with who is so critical in our def secondary (that is missing.) But we have not had anyone is 2-3 yrs that can handle real speed @ receivers anyway...and when they do keep up, they set a new low for tackling. Hell man !! We used to knock jawbones loose and cause recvrs to stain their pants !! This last year or two, our d-backs have been slow to know where tha damn ball is. It's already caught and advanced before we seem to know the QB ever let go of it yet !!!!! This has been a trend, regardless of who the players are, so I've got to believe there's more than one coaching deficiency (defensive). I feel really bad for those players..BUT. It's pass after pass...on and on and on. Where have you gone Jonas Buckles and Don Magee ??? I'm ready for my new seat in my new stadium with my new coach (whomever)my new season and an entirely new DEFENSE. At least by strategy !!

Guys, the defense was horrible. We played to stop the pass and they run it all over us. We switch to stop the run, and they pass on us. ULM is a very young team and to lose to them even with our injuries was disappointing. Whoever NT gets for a new HC, NT should never lose to resource-less ULM.

I still think the passive D-line that D-Lo runs on most running plays is a big mistake. It makes heroes out of a mediocre running team's O-line. ULM doesn't have a D either, so they just haul off and attack on every play. Our D-line never puts their hands up, so we don't bat down any balls, ever. I'm DISGUSTED! Score 37 points on a team in this conference and don't win? Are we joking? It'd be different if it was parity among good teams.

Edited by jimbob

I hesitate to throw this word out there... but the Injury Bug bit us again today, Dunbar was not 100% in the 1st qtr. The offense played good, 300+ Yards Total Offense, 37 Points. Special Team played the best they have played in a long time, FG 3/3 and and a 48 yrd Field Goal. The first Kickoff return for a TD in FOREVER at UNT. Defense was not ready today. Tough Break, all you can do is taste the defeat and spit it out and get ready for a Season Finale against Kansas State....because that's all you can do.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I hesitate to throw this word out there... but the Injury Bug bit us again today, Dunbar was not 100% in the 1st qtr. The offense played good, 300+ Yards Total Offense, 37 Points. Special Team played the best they have played in a long time, FG 3/3 and and a 48 yrd Field Goal. The first Kickoff return for a TD in FOREVER at UNT. Defense was not ready today. Tough Break, all you can do is taste the defeat and spit it out and get ready for a Season Finale against Kansas State....because that's all you can do.

The odd thing about it is that there was a scary moment when Dunbar had the ankle injury and then he runs off an 80-yard touchdown?? Was the ankle injured heading into the game and he reinjured it? I will say I think all of us are glad that there did not appear to be a serious injury with Dunbar in this game.

Something that really bothered me at the game.

Only down by 5 late in the 4th quarter and ULM driving. Phillips gets hurt and is down on the field for several minutes. During that whole time not 1...not 1 single DEF coach went out on the field to talk to the unit to discuss what they were going to do. Not 1 DEF coach. Players just walked around , didn't huddle up , nothing.

We deserved to lose that game. Some reason we once again started a CB who seems to get burnt more times than a loaf a bread. I don't understand it . Once again he gets taken out after giving up a big play. For some reason he freezes when a ball is in the air and every time he is in teams pick on him. I just don't get the things that DeLoach has done this season , it's like he made up his mind once he packed up his office and gave up on the season.

What makes it even worse , ULM's stud DB Nate Brown , from Burk wanted to come to UNT , but never got offered a ship

O well , I'm done for this season and will not dwell on it anymore. Next saturday , Texas St !!

GMG !!

Something that really bothered me at the game.

Only down by 5 late in the 4th quarter and ULM driving. Phillips gets hurt and is down on the field for several minutes. During that whole time not 1...not 1 single DEF coach went out on the field to talk to the unit to discuss what they were going to do. Not 1 DEF coach. Players just walked around , didn't huddle up , nothing.

We deserved to lose that game. Some reason we once again started a CB who seems to get burnt more times than a loaf a bread. I don't understand it . Once again he gets taken out after giving up a big play. For some reason he freezes when a ball is in the air and every time he is in teams pick on him. I just don't get the things that DeLoach has done this season , it's like he made up his mind once he packed up his office and gave up on the season.

What makes it even worse , ULM's stud DB Nate Brown , from Burk wanted to come to UNT , but never got offered a ship

O well , I'm done for this season and will not dwell on it anymore. Next saturday , Texas St !!

GMG !!

Dang, it's that kind of thing that just makes you want to yell at your radio. I can't say that I'd care to see any of the defensive coaches return next year; hate to say that, but just the way I feel.

Edited by eulessismore

Those big plays by ULM were painful to watch in person; if you weren't there, be thankful. :o

the long passes were like wounded ducks and stayed in the air forever!!! the team shouldn't have lost, but did. dunbar/chancellor/dodge did great. the monroe fans were awesome, great tailgating area...i want something like they have at the new stadium.