Oklahoma Scrimaged Unt?

Side Show Joe

A highly reliable inside source told me the North Texas mens basketball team was scrimaging Oklahoma at the Super Pit while we were tailgating for the Troy game. The scrimage was closed to the public and media, and the doors were locked. I personally believe this rumor, because I saw the Red Carpet Traval bus with Oklahoma plates parked along side the arena. Red Carpet Travel is the same company OU uses for their annual trip to Dallas for the Texas OU game. Does anyone have more information on this scrimage? Who won?

I believe we scrimmaged OU the year before last as well. Generally they are not open to the public. I think they are also set up in a half court setting. It's not 5 on 5 up and down the court , but a half court game where teams can work on their set plays.

Edited by NT03

That actually took place in the Student Union. I thought it was in the Super Pit too, but my girlfriend who was working it informed me otherwise.

The preview took place at the pit, I was there. Court was ready to go underneath the stage that had been set up. As for the scrimmage, I heard from a BBall player at the game that we had indeed won the half-court, make-it-take-it, shirts vs. skins match.

For those who cannot believe such, yes OU did scrimmage our basketball team. Prior to the scrimmage, the NT Preview took place at the Colisuem. The preview ended at 12:30 as far as the portion of it at that location and at 2pm, OU arrived. Perhaps the coach from OU standing on the corner of NTB and Highland Street was a clue as he waited for Dickies BBQ to deliver their catering.

The great thing about B-Ball is no matter what conference you are in, you have an equal shot at the big dance. You just have to thrive and survive!

The preview took place at the pit, I was there. Court was ready to go underneath the stage that had been set up. As for the scrimmage, I heard from a BBall player at the game that we had indeed won the half-court, make-it-take-it, shirts vs. skins match.

They must have had two different sessions of it...I saw the preview in the Union with my own eyes. :ph34r:

It's cool that OU came down to scrimmage us...and even cooler that we apparently beat them. Go Mean Green!

No they didn't have two different parts they had registration at the Coliseum then after a few spoken words by some folks like UNT's President, off they went to tour the campus and do what they do.

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Registration

12:00 - 12:30 PM Welcome Session

12:50 - 2:00 PM College of Engineering Tour

1:00 - 1:45 PM Academic Session I

1:00 - 3:30 PM Academic Fair/Student Services Fair

1:00 - 4:00 PM Student's Choice

* Residence Hall Tour

* Campus Tour

* Student Panel

* Parent Panel

* Financial Aid Presentation

2:00 - 2:45 PM Academic Session II

3:00 - 3:45 PM Admissions Presentation (Freshman/Transfer)

4:00 PM Tailgate

6:00 PM Football Game vs. Troy

Good win for UNT, but OU is not the OU of the past. A lot of young guys and just not the same without the Griffin's in the middle. Still a good PRESEASON milestone for the Eagles! What made it even better, NT held Cam Clark to 8 points. 4 in the scrimmage and 4 in half court situations.

Did we really win by about 20, and who performed well for us?