Tulsa Band Shows Their A$$Es

Eagle-96

Huge win for Tulsa with the victory at Notre Dame. Biggest in their schools history. I really love when the underdog wins. Then they lost me as Notre Dame starts to play their Alma Mater there goes the Tulsa band with their fight song trying to play over the Notre Dame band. Just classless all around. Maybe I'm old school but I would hope the Green Brigade would never do that to another school.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Huge win for Tulsa with the victory at Notre Dame. Biggest in their schools history. I really love when the underdog wins. Then they lost me as Notre Dame starts to play their Alma Mater there goes the Tulsa band with their fight song trying to play over the Notre Dame band. Just classless all around. Maybe I'm old school but I would hope the Green Brigade would never do that to another school.

Dude....... really? It was probably the biggest upset for Tulsa in quite some time. People get a little excited sometimes. Maybe it was accidental. Maybe Notre Dame fans were harassing the band. I don't know, but it's really nothing to get your panties in a twist over...

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

You win a game then you must ask the other team how to celebrate without hurting their feelings? Give me a break. If you don't want the other team celebrating on your field or in your stands then do not have a stupid coaching mistake at the end of the game.

Bottom line: If you win then you celebrate and play your fight song as loud as you freaking can....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Yes dude really. To me the Alma Mater is something special and something I hold in pretty high esteem. I have no problem with celebrating but take a pause while the other team pays respect to their school.

I don't think it is a big deal. You just got beat by the smallest school in the FBS -- you lose the right to demand respect.

• Downvote 1

You know the volume was really really low and I was busy doing chores around the house but after the game it did look a little weird. The TV showed a a few shots of the ND players kinda surprised and pissed. I didn't know the Tulsa band did that. Look if you are home then I think it can be open game but when you are on the road then you have to show class.

And I don't know about it being one of Tulsa's biggest win ever....ND has been pretty darn irrelevant for over a decade and for the last 3-4 years they have down right been putrid. Beating ND is no big deal even if it is in South Bend.

Screw Notre Dame, their alma mater, their TV contract with NBC, and their automatic inclusion into the BCS picture. Notre Dame and the "traditional power" fixation of the BCS, conference shifting and the whole lot of it is what's wrong with college football.

Kudos to alma mater #2 for going up to South Bend and kicking the Fighting Irish's rotten as*es. And, kudos to the TU band for continuing to play the fight song after handing Notre Dame their as*es.

If Notre Dame can't figure out a way to exploit Tulsa's #120 ranked pass defense they don't deserve any sort of respect anyway. Screw 'em. And, since they won't have the nuts to go play Tulsa in Tulsa, the will forever be 0-1 all-time against the Golden Hurricane.

Moneygrubbing, self-righteous bastards. Kudos to Tulsa for taking them down. And, kudos to Baylor as well for hammering Texas who tried to stick them without a conference over the summer. Screw the traditional powers that keep college football in a state of flux and don't have the nuts or guts to call for a playoff.

Cowards.

Hail to three, Gold and Blue! Screw Notre Dame, their alma mater, and the whole thieving lot of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Screw Notre Dame, their alma mater, their TV contract with NBC, and their automatic inclusion into the BCS picture. Notre Dame and the "traditional power" fixation of the BCS, conference shifting and the whole lot of it is what's wrong with college football.

Kudos to alma mater #2 for going up to South Bend and kicking the Fighting Irish's rotten as*es. And, kudos to the TU band for continuing to play the fight song after handing Notre Dame their as*es.

If Notre Dame can't figure out a way to exploit Tulsa's #120 ranked pass defense they don't deserve any sort of respect anyway. Screw 'em. And, since they won't have the nuts to go play Tulsa in Tulsa, the will forever be 0-1 all-time against the Golden Hurricane.

Moneygrubbing, self-righteous bastards. Kudos to Tulsa for taking them down. And, kudos to Baylor as well for hammering Texas who tried to stick them without a conference over the summer. Screw the traditional powers that keep college football in a state of flux and don't have the nuts or guts to call for a playoff.

Cowards.

Hail to three, Gold and Blue! Screw Notre Dame, their alma mater, and the whole thieving lot of them.

Hmmm, it's very rare that I totally agree with you on a subject, but....here it is. I couldn't have expressed my feelings about ND (and the rest of the BCS world) better. I've always said that it's always a great day in college football when either (or ideally both) SMU and ND lose a game.

Having said all that, Tulsa really diminished their win with a classless act.

Bad manners guys. Really bad manners.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest JohnDenver

Hmmm, it's very rare that I totally agree with you on a subject, but....here it is. I couldn't have expressed my feelings about ND (and the rest of the BCS world) better. I've always said that it's always a great day in college football when either (or ideally both) SMU and ND lose a game.

Having said all that, Tulsa really diminished their win with a classless act.

Bad manners guys. Really bad manners.

I am not so sure Bill. It sounded to me like TU already had their band playing and celebrating in their tiny little corner when ND decided to start in with their crowd swaying and depressing music. That is when ND got all in a huff. Maybe TU even played louder at that point, I am not sure, but I wouldn't blame TU's band if that was the case.

We better clean our front porch before pointing out whats wrong with Tulsa's....our cheerleaders continue to lead cheers during injuries, and whats worse, it is when one of our own is down. Lets also not forget how they try to work our crowd into a frenzy when we have the ball, so as to throw off the opposing defense when they are calling out their play.

• Upvote 1