World Series Game 1 Thread

Wow, still hard to believe we are talking about the Rangers in the World Series. I think the Giants are a far better matchup for the Rangers then the Phillies would have been. The Phillies starting pitching should have won the Giants series, and I'm thankful the Rangers don't have to face their big three.

Cain and Lincecum are very good, but they are right handers, and the Rangers have been killing righties in the playoffs. Outside of Posey and Huff, their offense is completely unimpressive. Ross has been on fire in the post-season, but does that guy really concern you?

Posey has thrown out 37% of base stealers this year. Respectable, but the Rangers should have some base running opportunities. Interesting that Molina was Posey's back up earlier this year. Hopefully he will have some insight into how to "shut down" the Giant offense.

I think you will see the Giants struggling to score runs on Lee/Lewis/Wilson, which, incidentally, is the order I would like to see these guys pitch.

Rangers in 6.

• Upvote 1

JzcsF.gif

LMAO that pretty much says it all right there.

I'm so ecstatic that I get to talk crap to ALL of my coworkers. I work for Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants and am technically a "home office" (in San Francisco) employee. I just happen to be allowed to work out of my house here in N. Texas. I started the smack talk the first week of October when I was there last and since then it's changed to heckling email and phone calls to my team up there. :)

I think we win it in 6.

LMAO that pretty much says it all right there.

I'm so ecstatic that I get to talk crap to ALL of my coworkers. I work for Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants and am technically a "home office" (in San Francisco) employee. I just happen to be allowed to work out of my house here in N. Texas. I started the smack talk the first week of October when I was there last and since then it's changed to heckling email and phone calls to my team up there. :)

I think we win it in 6.

I agree. It'll take 6 games.

I think everybody is underestimating the Giants. Folks they beat who I thought was the best team in Baseball in the Phillies. They are one of those teams that will get dynamite pitching and somehow someway get big hits. I hope and pray the Rangers will pull this puppy out but it won't be a cakewalk by any means IMO.

I think everybody is underestimating the Giants. Folks they beat who I thought was the best team in Baseball in the Phillies. They are one of those teams that will get dynamite pitching and somehow someway get big hits. I hope and pray the Rangers will pull this puppy out but it won't be a cakewalk by any means IMO.

Rangers in 4.

Rangers in 6. Matt Cain is THE MOST underrated pitcher in baseball.

Did Josh Johnson die?

Also, remember all the pitchin' trade rumors with the Giants a few years ago? http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/giants-rangers.html

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1

Did Josh Johnson die?

Also, remember all the pitchin' trade rumors with the Giants a few years ago? http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/giants-rangers.html

I think Josh Johnson is better than Cain, but he gets more love.

Also, remember the Josh Johnson/Rangers rumors earlier this year?

Edited by MEANGREENMAN!

I've wondered this all playoffs long. What's up with the random empty section in left field at PacBell Park? Do they just not sell those tickets?

My guess is its something similar to whats done at Fenway for day games...they don't sell particular seats in the left or center because it can severely bother the hitter's eye

My guess is its something similar to whats done at Fenway for day games...they don't sell particular seats in the left or center because it can severely bother the hitter's eye

If it was just in day games, I'd agree that makes sense. But I've seen it at a few night games as well. Maybe there have a bad obstruction? That's kinda odd though considering it's an upper deck.

Fenway

Its not the best picture...but you can see the two sections to the right of the monster are empty.

Fenway

Its not the best picture...but you can see the two sections to the right of the monster are empty.

Well, yeah and it makes sense, because it's basically dead center. I can see some sort of glare out there bothering hitters in the day time. But the Pac Bell section the last section or two of the left field upper deck. Just seems weird that that section is empty. It's also not tarped over like the seats in Fenway are.