Unt Head Football Coach Job Posting

GabeGMG

I think its good to see that the job was officially posted a day after the announcement of Dodge's departure. Now UNT can officially gather applicants and begin interviews.

https://jobs.unt.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1287699945595

Most important excerpt from the posting is the following:

Bachelors degree and five years of combined experience in coaching football at the NFL or NCAA level required.

Edited by GabeGMG

Guest MeanGreenHomer

Don't know how excited I can get when we are losing 23 seniors, including 16 big contributors and 11 starters. Plus we are bringing in a new coach and a new system. I am hoping for a quick turnaround, but it is going to be a rough first year.

Don't know how excited I can get when we are losing 23 seniors, including 16 big contributors and 11 starters. Plus we are bringing in a new coach and a new system. I am hoping for a quick turnaround, but it is going to be a rough first year.

The saving grace is that this is the Sun Belt. The right hire wins at least 4 games next year.

• Upvote 1

I think its good to see that the job was officially posted a day after the announcement of Dodge's departure. Now UNT can officially gather applicants and begin interviews.

https://jobs.unt.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1287699945595

Bachelors degree and five years of combined experience in coaching football at the NFL or NCAA level required.

Resume sent

What if UNT hired a coach before the end of the season. Would he start coaching immediatly? Would UNT fire Canales? Of course if UNT hires Canales he would already be coaching.

I wouldn't mind hiring a OC or DC or even a HC (leavitt) that doesn't quite have their own staff yet (or anymore). This way Deloach and Canales can be evaluated at staying. Both are great coaches and would keep continuity on the team heading into the next year.

Does that eliminate Applewhite?