Soooooooooooooclose.....................

OldTimer

We need to give TD one more year (2011) They are so close to being there!

No, sir, we do not need to do that. Hiring a high school coach with almost no experience at the college level to be our head coach was a mistake. We need to correct that mistake as quickly as possible.

• Downvote 1

This team expects to lose and they fulfill that prophecy every time. We have the talent to have whipped Rice, FAU, and ULL. We also should have beaten Army.

I'm sick of excuses. If a player is unable to perform their job because of a teammate's death, then they should sit for that game. Some players have career games after deaths close to them (Farve anyone?). Injuries hurt, sure, but I'd bet that even without all the injured players, we were still more talented than ULL so that is no excuse. Penalties are a killer. They need to be fixed NOW!

As Coach Bud Kilmer would say, "I don't want no excuses, I want you to fix it"

• Upvote 1

I can't hold on to pulling for this team much longer. Things are getting out of hand and ridiculous.

I will never stop pulling for this team. Those young men out there scratched, clawed, and fought to get back in the game last night. I hold no ill will whatsoever toward the players. The problem is simply, they aren't being "coached up" well AT ALL. These players aren't stupid, most mental mistakes during games can be traced to lack of preparation in practice and the general sideline chaos that seems to prevail during games. I trust RV will make whatever moves that are necessary to correct the coaching problem.

Until then, I support the Mean Green unconditionally. Just because I am not satisfied with the leadership provided by our coaches, I can not abandon our players and the efforts they give.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I will never stop pulling for this team. Those young men out there scratched, clawed, and fought to get back in the game last night. I hold no ill will whatsoever toward the players. The problem is simply, they aren't being "coached up" well AT ALL. These players aren't stupid, most mental mistakes during games can be traced to lack of preparation in practice and the general sideline chaos that seems to prevail during games. I trust RV will make whatever moves that are necessary to correct the coaching problem.

Until then, I support the Mean Green unconditionally. Just because I am not satisfied with the leadership provided by our coaches, I can not abandon our players and the efforts they give.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!

This x 2

Wow, talk about a kick in the gut! I feel so bad for this team...players and coaching staff...and for the faithful fans of the Mean Green. This was a very tough loss to take after a very tough week for the Mean green. Like the rest of us, I was hoping the team could overcome the tough week and pull out another win. Beautiful weather, great tailgate atmosphere, but what a really poor game from start to finish.

One can talk about how the Mean green just doesn't have the players, but for me, the coaching staff gets no pass. Their job is to coach and prepare the players they do have, and the defense has just not shown much in the way of even being able to execute the basic fundamentals...and that, fans, is coaching! Penalties once again killed the Mean Green...both offense and defense had critical...critical penalties...that cost them BIG TIME! That has a lot to do with coaching in my book as well.

Game plan was pitiful...was that Coach Canales? The defense continues to give up big plays...is that Coach DeLoach? I don't think the players have given up, but I am wondering about our two coordinators?

No creativity at all in the offensive game plan, and I saw the same old defense schemes getting beat time and time again last evening...while ULL found a way to pressure Riley, UNT never seemed to be much of a problem for the ULL QB's. No QB pressure, and cover schemes akin to HS ball = big plays by ULL...gee, where have we seen that before?

Give up on the team...Not me...not ever...I am a proud (and continue to be) member of the Mean Green nation. This team is MY team, and this coaching staff is MY coaching staff and they have my 100% complete loyalty and support. But, even for me...that was a gut kick last evening. And, i am having a tough Sunday believing anything will change next week. Where is the creativity in developing offensive and defensive schemes from our "College experienced" coordinators that will "hide" the weaknesses UNT has and accentuate what positives remain after all the injuries?????? That college coaching experience isn't doing much for me right now, and seems to be doing nothing for the team.

Give up... never...hope, always...support unbending....GO MEAN GREEN!

Wow, talk about a kick in the gut! I feel so bad for this team...players and coaching staff...and for the faithful fans of the Mean Green. This was a very tough loss to take after a very tough week for the Mean green. Like the rest of us, I was hoping the team could overcome the tough week and pull out another win. Beautiful weather, great tailgate atmosphere, but what a really poor game from start to finish.

One can talk about how the Mean green just doesn't have the players, but for me, the coaching staff gets no pass. Their job is to coach and prepare the players they do have, and the defense has just not shown much in the way of even being able to execute the basic fundamentals...and that, fans, is coaching! Penalties once again killed the Mean Green...both offense and defense had critical...critical penalties...that cost them BIG TIME! That has a lot to do with coaching in my book as well.

Game plan was pitiful...was that Coach Canales? The defense continues to give up big plays...is that Coach DeLoach? I don't think the players have given up, but I am wondering about our two coordinators?

No creativity at all in the offensive game plan, and I saw the same old defense schemes getting beat time and time again last evening...while ULL found a way to pressure Riley, UNT never seemed to be much of a problem for the ULL QB's. No QB pressure, and cover schemes akin to HS ball = big plays by ULL...gee, where have we seen that before?

Give up on the team...Not me...not ever...I am a proud (and continue to be) member of the Mean Green nation. This team is MY team, and this coaching staff is MY coaching staff and they have my 100% complete loyalty and support. But, even for me...that was a gut kick last evening. And, i am having a tough Sunday believing anything will change next week. Where is the creativity in developing offensive and defensive schemes from our "College experienced" coordinators that will "hide" the weaknesses UNT has and accentuate what positives remain after all the injuries?????? That college coaching experience isn't doing much for me right now, and seems to be doing nothing for the team.

Give up... never...hope, always...support unbending....GO MEAN GREEN!

I would say the Defense did okay - only gave up 21 points. I believe so far this year they holding teams to less points per game than the last two.

I would say the Defense did okay - only gave up 21 points. I believe so far this year they holding teams to less points per game than the last two.

You are kidding, right? The schemes did nothing to help hide weaknesses or highlight strengths. What QB pressure did you see last evening? I don't think it's OK to keep giving up those opening drive scores and drive extending penalties. Giving up 21 points is not OK by me...not if it means you lose the game.

But, it was better than giving up 28...I'll give you that! :lol:

I didn't think I was threatening anyone. I just meant that I've about given up on this team for the year. That I'm considering not paying much attention to the Mean Green for the rest of the season. Its not worth worrying about.

The first step is getting off the board. Otherwise, someone might think you're grandstanding or something.

You are kidding, right? The schemes did nothing to help hide weaknesses or highlight strengths. What QB pressure did you see last evening? I don't think it's OK to keep giving up those opening drive scores and drive extending penalties. Giving up 21 points is not OK by me...not if it means you lose the game.

But, it was better than giving up 28...I'll give you that! :lol:

It wasn't great, but it is better. The defense is giving up less but it had so far to go.