The Green Texas Flag

drex

I didn't bring what you did in the past, you were. I'm also not saying you're wrong, simply that between '96-01 you were scarce. Starting in 2002 you mighta been alumnus of the century (I know you built the new carriage which was really well done) - I was just asking a question.

Again, problems come up with this sorta junk. Did Talons drop the ball? Any one of these I can give a pass on, but all 3 together makes one ask questions, no doubt. I wouldn't deny that. I also understand their were problems at times when I was around, and I'm sure when you were too, even if you might have forgotten (as we get furteher away from college, things seem to have been better when we were there!).

Just like when folks slam the Green Brigade, or the Frats, the Wings, the Gay and Lesbian Homecoming nominees, or whatever other group we like to run into the ground around here (because it's what GMG does BEST!)-- someone who is/was a member/concerned citizen/alumni is gonna provide a defense.

And I just want to say I think UNTFive&Dime had the best reply of the whole freaking thread.

I hate the Hawaiian Students Association. I also want 19-21 year old kids to be more like how I was - and am - in my head.

• Upvote 2

You're just angry that no one gave you a bid.

I thought the rule was to attack whatever organization came up next, like whack-a-mole, but with people I can embarrass and never meet.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Tasty CBL CMJ NT80 chimes in again with complete and fullproof ignorance.

I must also add, watching you get all pissed off in the forum is pretty hilarious AND totally made my day!!!

The Talons don't touch the football during the game. How can they fumble it?

you must be one of the douches screwing up traditions at the school.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Yeah, Let the Wings, who actually had their field passes revoked for showing up to the sidelines DRUNK take over a cannon. I have to give them props though, they were on the sidelines before kickoff last game.

I spent 3 hours this evening talking to the president and Cannon Crew. Everyone chill out. There is a new prwsident who has taken over qnd is well aware of the problems and is addressing them. The Big Ass flag is safe and should make an appearance tomorrow, they have a key for the tower, and they are taking things seriously.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I hate the Hawaiian Students Association. I also want 19-21 year old kids to be more like how I was - and am - in my head.

There's a Hawaiian Student Association? Maybe kids from Euless will eventually feel at home in Denton and become big (BIG!) time contributors to UNT Football. On my way home from work yesterday, I drove past a new outdoor Hawaiian barbecue chicken place. I mean really outside, on something like a traffic island, like the way they do in Jamaica.

There's a Hawaiian Student Association? Maybe kids from Euless will eventually feel at home in Denton and become big (BIG!) time contributors to UNT Football. On my way home from work yesterday, I drove past a new outdoor Hawaiian barbecue chicken place. I mean really outside, on something like a traffic island, like the way they do in Jamaica.

Isn't the home of these people that will help our program some 3,000 miles from Hawaii? I'm all for Hawaians, but we need to start a surfing team before we start recruiting.

On a serious note, did anyone see the 60 minute special on Samoan football players in the NFL (Yes, I know hte Euless players are Tongan)? Amazing the chances that a Samoan kid has to make it to the NFL compared to any other race.

On a serious note, did anyone see the 60 minute special on Samoan football players in the NFL (Yes, I know hte Euless players are Tongan)? Amazing the chances that a Samoan kid has to make it to the NFL compared to any other race.

Yes. It was something like a somoan player is 40x more likely to make it to the NFL than kids who live in the states. We should offer a few kids every year just for the sake of building a pipeline , I'm pretty sure June Jones does

simply that between '96-01 you were scarce.

No, more misinformation by you. Chris and I worked together getting the new barrel ordered from Dixie Guns Works, I placed the order for the new, bigger NT Battle Flag from ABC Flag of Fort Worth and had it monogrammed by Philip Dean just before he was killed in the Lake Worth Church fire in the spring of '99.

But again, this isn't about me, it's about the current regime.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yes. It was something like a somoan player is 40x more likely to make it to the NFL than kids who live in the states. We should offer a few kids every year just for the sake of building a pipeline , I'm pretty sure June Jones does

That's some great surfing music there, dude, and yep, I'll be picking up my new "Best of Dick Dale, KIng of the Surf Guitar (not sure the exact name)" CD this weekend.