Did Jim Harbaugh Really Interview At Unt?

TheColonyEagle

Well, I'd say it's uncertain, from what I've read elsewhere (sorry, no time to chase down the links) whether he was considering coaching anywhere but Stanford during his various interviews. One thing is for certain: his only coaching success was at the FCS level, which many here have been saying is a risk that we can't afford to take. It was certainly worth it for Stanford.

Well, I'd say it's uncertain, from what I've read elsewhere (sorry, no time to chase down the links) whether he was considering coaching anywhere but Stanford during his various interviews. One thing is for certain: his only coaching success was at the FCS level, which many here have been saying is a risk that we can't afford to take. It was certainly worth it for Stanford.

And yet we decided to hire a high school football coach. :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dont know the exact figures but every school that interviewed him wanted him and based on the Neinas report we are safe to assume we were at or near the bottom at that time. Had we had a competitive package available we may have had a better chance but conference affiliation probably hurt us as well.

Dont know the exact figures but every school that interviewed him wanted him and based on the Neinas report we are safe to assume we were at or near the bottom at that time. Had we had a competitive package available we may have had a better chance but conference affiliation probably hurt us as well.

A little Belt trivia. At one time his dad coached at WKU

Harbaugh was once quoted that he just came to UNT for the interview experience. I don't think we ever had a shot at him , but if we had the funds at the time it would have been nice to throw some his way & see what happended

Yeah, at least if he hadn't taken the offfer, we wouldn't have to start a new thread about him every few months.

• Upvote 1

Harbaugh was once quoted that he just came to UNT for the interview experience. I don't think we ever had a shot at him , but if we had the funds at the time it would have been nice to throw some his way & see what happended

That was what I remembered, but I wasn't sure. I think he had a long lay over and literally did a practice interview on his way to another interview someplace.

Still, if we'd been able to impress him people looking for work do change their minds.

Edited by VideoEagle