If You Would Have Me Back

oldguystudent

Mean Green Nation,

The last time I attended a UNT football game, I made a drunken ass of myself. I drew the ire of donors and alumni alike, and I deserved it. Since then I've been listening and watching online away from the fray. UNT now finds itself in a crossroads, and this is where I find myself. I am a student in the #9 ranked program in the nation for graduate accounting in taxation, and they are trying to systematically kill me appropriately. I'm surviving with a good GPA, and I've got a couple really good interviews lined up. I've appreciated what the university has done for me. Really I want to support this university.

Now I've got to be honest. I stay at home listening to and watching this football program and I say things that would certainly get me thrown out of Fouts. For this reason, and my complete embarrassment for my behavior the last time I attended a game, I cannot attend another game during the Dodge era. For this I somewhat apologize, but I feel the way I feel.

That said, when I see the criticisms towards Rick, I cringe. I know Rick well, and he has done very well by this university. I will make no apologies for his hire in the football program, but nobody is more dedicated to its success that he is. I would cite this beautiful $68 million stadium that's starting to dominate the Denton skyline.

When a change in coaching staff is made, I'd like to experience the gameday atmosphere at UNT again. If you'll have me, I'll be there. If not, I understand.

Sincerely,

Tony

• Upvote 1

Mean Green Nation,

The last time I attended a UNT football game, I made a drunken ass of myself. I drew the ire of donors and alumni alike, and I deserved it. Since then I've been listening and watching online away from the fray. UNT now finds itself in a crossroads, and this is where I find myself. I am a student in the #9 ranked program in the nation for graduate accounting in taxation, and they are trying to systematically kill me appropriately. I'm surviving with a good GPA, and I've got a couple really good interviews lined up. I've appreciated what the university has done for me. Really I want to support this university.

Now I've got to be honest. I stay at home listening to and watching this football program and I say things that would certainly get me thrown out of Fouts. For this reason, and my complete embarrassment for my behavior the last time I attended a game, I cannot attend another game during the Dodge era. For this I somewhat apologize, but I feel the way I feel.

That said, when I see the criticisms towards Rick, I cringe. I know Rick well, and he has done very well by this university. I will make no apologies for his hire in the football program, but nobody is more dedicated to its success that he is. I would cite this beautiful $68 million stadium that's starting to dominate the Denton skyline.

When a change in coaching staff is made, I'd like to experience the gameday atmosphere at UNT again. If you'll have me, I'll be there. If not, I understand.

Sincerely,

Tony

Tony we welcome you back with open arms! GMG!

Mean Green Nation,

Sincerely,

Tony

LetsHugItOut_Thumbnail.gif

Mean Green Nation,

Sincerely,

Tony

WELCOME BACK! (Now I feel like singing "Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Old Oak Tree")! :blink::)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Remember: Whatever you may have said or done, at least you didn't get yourself thrown out of a game. Scoreboard on the boss. :P

You should definitely come back. Though I strongly, STRONGLY encourage you to stick to your instincts and wait until next football season to do it. Study hard, get ahead on your school work, then jump back in with both feet when the circumstances are less frustrating.

Basketball, on the other hand, starts in just 52 days... :ph34r:

Mean Green Nation,

Sincerely,

Tony

Are you grovelling to us? Who are we to grant you admittance? Just read the past few days threads. You have no reason to apologize for anything. We're all crazy. Now, get back in the stands ASAP so you can support the guys. Support the coaching staff or not...that's up to you.