West Point...who's Going?

Censored by Laurie

I'm sure there are other threads on this topic...but eff them. Who's making the trek for next weekend?

I'll be there with 12 or so cooking breakfast and drinking beer and whiskey-laced coffee starting around 8am...I've no UNT flag, but if you're coming up and you happen to walk past a silver CRV with a bearded, and probably imbibed chef with a dozen 20-30 somethings feel free to stop by.

I'm sure there are other threads on this topic...but eff them. Who's making the trek for next weekend?

I'll be there with 12 or so cooking breakfast and drinking beer and whiskey-laced coffee starting around 8am...I've no UNT flag, but if you're coming up and you happen to walk past a silver CRV with a bearded, and probably imbibed chef with a dozen 20-30 somethings feel free to stop by.

There are 13 in our group. If you're coming from New Haven, what time are you planning to start your journey in the morning? What are you doing about parking? I was looking on-line and it said for general admission parking passes enter through the Washington gate to be directed to the appropriate parking area (referred to as Orange), but then there are only Green, Red and Blue lots/shuttle routes.

Don't forget about bringing your IDs. All fans 16 and over must show ID to get onto campus.

Is there going to be a North Texas tent or anything setup somewhere?

Keith

There are 13 in our group. If you're coming from New Haven, what time are you planning to start your journey in the morning? What are you doing about parking? I was looking on-line and it said for general admission parking passes enter through the Washington gate to be directed to the appropriate parking area (referred to as Orange), but then there are only Green, Red and Blue lots/shuttle routes.

Don't forget about bringing your IDs. All fans 16 and over must show ID to get onto campus.

Keith

Probably going to strike out about 6 - 6:30am...still trying to figure out the parking/entry situation. Lot's of conflicting and confusing info on the Army site.

Weather looks to be beautiful for game day.

Current forecast for Saturday, Sept. 18th

Sunny

Low: 56

High: 74

Chance of precipitation: 0%

Keith

Hopefully, I can get my wife and daughter out of the hotel early to check out the game day scene at this historic campus. 74 degrees will be a pleasant break from what we all went through at tailgating at Fouts on Saturday.

From the http://GoArmySports.com site

Game Day Itinerary

(all 2010 games are 12pm kickoff)

6 am: Parking lots open

7:30 am: Shuttle bus service begins

9 am: Cadet Review begins on The Plain

Black Knights Alley opens (Michie Stadium- East Side)

10 am: Black Knight Walk (approx. time)

Michie Stadium opens

Ticket sales and will call booths open

Pre-game Onfield Events

11:40 am: USMA Band takes the field

11:43 am: Cadet March-on Begins

11:47 am: National Anthem

11:50 am: Parachute Demonstration

11:54 am: Game Ball Presentation

11:58 am: Army team takes the field

Keith

Probably going to strike out about 6 - 6:30am...still trying to figure out the parking/entry situation. Lot's of conflicting and confusing info on the Army site.

I spoke to the West Point Visitor's Center. If you do not have a parking pass then you will need to go to the Blue Gate Parking. Once you arrive there, security will then send you to a parking lot that you can use. Shuttle buses start taking people to the Cadet Review at 7:30 AM. If you are planning on attending the Cadet Review that starts at 9AM they suggest you arrive in West Point at 7:30 AM because of all of the game day traffic. Be prepared to show your ID at parking and at the stadium.

I spoke to the West Point Visitor's Center. If you do not have a parking pass then you will need to go to the Blue Gate Parking. Once you arrive there, security will then send you to a parking lot that you can use. Shuttle buses start taking people to the Cadet Review at 7:30 AM. If you are planning on attending the Cadet Review that starts at 9AM they suggest you arrive in West Point at 7:30 AM because of all of the game day traffic. Be prepared to show your ID at parking and at the stadium.

Wonderful...I appreciate the info...this was what I was kinda gleaning from the website, but it's less than clear. Guess that's what you get with the US Government though...am I right? Ha...

Wasn't much planning on the cadet review...food, beer and friends take priority over a parade, IMO.

Censored by Laurie asked me about parking, given the confusing nature of some info out there:

You seem to be in the know...I need clarification on the parking situation at West Point. According to the Army website it says parking passes must be purchased in advance...but the following line says you can simply drive up, pay and then go park. I've no pass currently...I think essentially I want to make certain there is no issue with simply driving up, paying and parking on base.

No issue. Parking passes for lots around the stadium are the ones that need to be purchased in advance. "General admission" type lots ($10 cash for cars, $20 for "oversize vehicles") are available to all, but be ready to walk uphill to the stadium or wait in long lines for shuttle buses.

Censored by Laurie asked me about parking, given the confusing nature of some info out there:

No issue. Parking passes for lots around the stadium are the ones that need to be purchased in advance. "General admission" type lots ($10 cash for cars, $20 for "oversize vehicles") are available to all, but be ready to walk uphill to the stadium or wait in long lines for shuttle buses.

So how does one buy said parking pass in advance?

So how does one buy said parking pass in advance?

I'm not sure you can get a pass for the stadium lots unless you buy season tickets or a mini-plan. It's also a bit late; I don't think they'd get it to you on time.

But, you can try: 1-877-TIX-ARMY

( and definitely call if you need handicapped parking, just to be sure you get most up-to-date info on that )

I'm not sure you can get a pass for the stadium lots unless you buy season tickets or a mini-plan. It's also a bit late; I don't think they'd get it to you on time.

But, you can try: 1-877-TIX-ARMY

( and definitely call if you need handicapped parking, just to be sure you get most up-to-date info on that )

Thanks for the info. I've got a brother who lives in Highland Mills right by there who's going to the game with us, so maybe he can get one.

Thanks for the info. I've got a brother who lives in Highland Mills right by there who's going to the game with us, so maybe he can get one.

Cool, let us (me) know if you (as a non-season or mini-plan ticketholder) get one, so that I can pass the word to future questioners.

• Upvote 1

Keith

From Mean Green Club E-Mail

North Texas vs. Army

Tailgate

10:00 am

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Mean Green Club will host a tailgate party prior to the football game against Army. The tent will be set up near Lot G. For a detailed map of the grounds click here. We look forward to seeing you there!

Keith

I just bought my ticket for the game and am seated in the end zone. Seems like an unusual place for the visitors. Is anyone else in the end zone?

PS. I did tell them I was retired Air Force to receive the $10 discount. Maybe that is why I am seated there!

Our seats are in the end zone, too. I think that is where they have moved the visiting fans. The last time we were there we sat on the side opposite the press box at about the ten yard line. In watching the Army vs Hawaii game last Saturday, it looks like the Corps of Cadets is now sitting there.