Horns Hat In Sga Meeting

UNTflyer

Rumor has it that at the first SGA meeting this week, a Senator showed up wearing a Longhorns hat. Our new SGA President really called him out in front of everyone.

Kevin Sanders may be the most pro-athletics President we've had in a long time.

"yeah...I know....but my mom's cousin's sister's ex boyfriend went there...and because of that I have been a fan since pre-birth. Can't wait to go to a game one-day"

Edited by All About UNT
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rumor has it that at the first SGA meeting this week, a Senator showed up wearing a Longhorns hat. Our new SGA President really called him out in front of everyone.

Kevin Sanders may be the most pro-athletics President we've had in a long time.

Never pass up the opportunity to be part of the culture change at North Texas. At the risk of sounding like a Baptist, we can't be back-sliders on this issue.

Good job Kevin!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good for the Prez. I just don't get the infatuation with other schools when you go to another school yourself. I mean you would think that even by just plain simple common sense people wouldn't wear other schools' clothes especially this doucher.

The only pass I will give is if they are doing a masters degree at UNT and they got their bachelors at say UT etc.

Just tonight I was sitting next to a guy in Twin Peaks Lewisville who is going to buy all the girls UT tshirts as he's a huge fan. I asked when he went there. He didn't, he went to NT in the late 70s but didn't graduate. "But the play real football at the top level of college."

Insecurity is a hell of a thing.

yeah met this cool guy who was a UTEP grad and monster Miner bball fan. he followed the miners but was a huge ND fan and every saturday him, the kid and the family get up and dawn their Irish gear. He asked me what other team I root for and I said, uhhhh I don't, not on game day - he couldn't believe my Mean Green fandom. I wear other University gear to work out but not on game day and dressing up the team in another teams gear every Saturday is kind of creepy to be honest. was an interesting conversation.

GMG

North Texas needs more brave people like this. Thank you Kevin.

Will this be covered in the Daily ?

Yeah Im glad I voted for him, he is doing a great job and more people need to call out students wearing other college gear, especially ones in the SGA who represent our school. BTW it was not covered in the Daily, maybe Tuesday it will be though.