Ot : Who Does Your Hs Alma Mater Play This Week

NT03

FLOUR BLUFF vs. port lavaca...

HORNETS vs. sand crabs...hmmm....gonna be a good one!

Nice, another south Texas Mean Green fan.

Well my Alma Mater does not exist anymore, its last school year was last year. BUT, the school I would have gone to..if I had to be in High School again is Victoria East, so...

Harlingen South at Victoria East

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

You don't like HS football or you have no connection to either school other than your bride??????

No connection to either school. It's really not that bad because I get to see a lot of good players from around the area during the season and got a free trip to Cowboys Stadium last year, but I have to do a lot of chatting with parents of dancers and acting like an adult. We all know I hate that.

EDIT: Plus, they play the Michigan fight song every 8 seconds. Regardless of your feelings on that song, try spending the next 4 days with it in your head all fall long.

Edited by Quoner

Well my Alma Mater does not exist anymore, its last school year was last year. BUT, the school I would have gone to..if I had to be in High School again is Victoria East, so...

Memorial? Stroman?East?West?.....very wacky high school naming situation in Victoria.....probably change again in a few years

No connection to either school. It's really not that bad because I get to see a lot of good players from around the area during the season and got a free trip to Cowboys Stadium last year, but I have to do a lot of chatting with parents of dancers and acting like an adult. We all know I hate that.

EDIT: Plus, they play the Michigan fight song every 8 seconds. Regardless of your feelings on that song, try spending the next 4 days with it in your head all fall long.

My first wife went to PESH and was a Golden Girl. Very leggy and game...as the guy she cheated with ending our marriage would later find out as well. But hey...that's life in the big city.

• Upvote 1

Well, keep your hands to yourself around all those dancers and be a good boy. I am sure your wife will reward you with a treat for being such a swell guy! My wife was a teacher for 3rd grade in Argyle, and the events I went to did not have any "redeeming social value" like football and dancers, but, but hey, you do what you must! Try ear plugs. They may work for both the fight song and those "dancer parents". Your wife a dance team leader at PEHS? Wow, that could get real interesting with some of the helicopter moms I would suspect!

Hide a beer in your pocket and head out to the men's room when it gets really tough.

FLOUR BLUFF vs. port lavaca...

HORNETS vs. sand crabs...hmmm....gonna be a good one!

Pretty sad when The Bluff has to play a Home Game in Calallen! Either way, should be a good Game, since Calhoun has a pretty decent Running Game. As for my Alma Mater, FB Clements at La Porte. Go 'Dogs!

Well, keep your hands to yourself around all those dancers and be a good boy. I am sure your wife will reward you with a treat for being such a swell guy! My wife was a teacher for 3rd grade in Argyle, and the events I went to did not have any "redeeming social value" like football and dancers, but, but hey, you do what you must! Try ear plugs. They may work for both the fight song and those "dancer parents". Your wife a dance team leader at PEHS? Wow, that could get real interesting with some of the helicopter moms I would suspect!

Hide a beer in your pocket and head out to the men's room when it gets really tough.

I honestly never know what to do with myself at those games. I have a few rules:

-Never, ever let my eyes rest on anyone, even if I am just spacing out. Nothing good can come of it.

-Keep conversation casual with the kids. (although I did lecture one girl for failing last year and she looked ready to cry)

-Charge your phone (there are Rangers games, Twitter and texting distractions that help the time fly, but it only works if your phone recovers from a long work day)

-Remember that high school coaching can be highly entertaining. (do you like running a WR reverse on 4 and 1? Want to see the same pass play 3 times in a row? Do you like random onside kicks? HS does this so much more than the other levels and, if you have nothing invested, it's fun to watch and try to figure out the thought process.)

-Savor this time even when I'm negative, because the Spring showcase and contest season does not have football between performances.

-Wear concealer to cover your bruises. (I just don't want the kids to know what she does to me when they are not around).

My wife isn't the leader at PESH, so she gets a bit of insulation from the moms and gets to play good cop. She leads at one of the lower schools and they are young enough where they aren't ready to make too much trouble...at least they didn't last year.

Memorial? Stroman?East?West?.....very wacky high school naming situation in Victoria.....probably change again in a few years

Yeah they really screwed it up down there. Stroman and Victoria High turned into Memorial High School which turned in to Victoria East and Victoria West. The school I graduated from lasted about 8 years.

So the Blue and the Gold won't be getting any of your attention?

So the Blue and the Gold won't be getting any of your attention?

I'm a little bummed by the realignment since they don't play PESH (and no Bishop Lynch on the schedule), but Strake next week is pretty cool. TCIL REUNION!

I'm a little bummed by the realignment since they don't play PESH (and no Bishop Lynch on the schedule), but Strake next week is pretty cool. TCIL REUNION!

I am not sure if you knew it or not but Bobby Wunderlick was at UNT for while if my memory serves me correctly, he was a Class of 84 also.

i left the bluff after high school, never went back! i'm in denton now!

what's this about the bluff playing a home game in calallen??? <--- question to another guy, but i can't figure out the multi quote thingy

Abilene High 36 - 27 win over Belton at Alamodome in Texas Football Classic Friday night. Go Warbirds!!

GMG!

Edited by NTEdgex2