Smack Talking About Campus Beauty

NTerock

Anybody have any good pics of our beautiful campus? It seems that some people over on the sun belt board have been drinking Haterade and disagree that we have a "nice" campus.

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=449233

I think UNT has a very nice campus, but I woudn't say it is an especially pretty campus though. It kind of reminds of the UT campus in a lot of ways. I think for what its worth TWU has a much prettier campus.

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth

The biggest problems with our campus are the landscaping, the roads running right through the middle, and poorly defined campus perimeter (mainly Welch). All of these are identified on the master plan along with proposed changes. Anyone who says attractive women are rare on campus was never a student at NT. :rolleyes:

The campus is getting better and is a huge improvement over when my family moved to Denton in 1965. You think roads run through it now? You should have seen it then! It has a ways to go, but it is looking better and better all the time.

The North Texas campus gets a lot of adverse comments about its looks because everyone that goes to a football game or goes by on highway 35 and views concrete city become a critic. No matter they have never been east of Fouts.

I don't think NT is a particularly beautiful or ugly campus. It like the majority of college is a mishmash of agricultural styles and is build on nondescript prairie land. Unfortunately, the part most seen is the Fouts area which contains the very old Fouts, the ultra modern Murchison, the downright awful in my opinion Gateway building and the pretty spectacular Super Pit plus some run down private real estate to the North. The central campus area IMO is much more attractive and the Eagle point area should be extraordinary.

Our campus has too many post office looking buildings on it. No sense of architecture for many of them. It's a shame, too.

UT-Austin's campus is awful as well, I'll say in agreement with Green Mean.

brezhnev.jpg

Leonid Brezhnev and his silent "h" relax at a dorm room at the University of Texas between visits with his admirers and sympathizers - the University of Texas faculty, staff, and students, Willie Nelson, and straggly looking, soap eschewing hangers on from nearby Hippie Hollow.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Alot of our major buildings on Campus were built in the Monolithic style. Our Library, the Pit, the GAB, the Union, the Art Building, the newer wing of the Music building, Kerr Hall, Wooten Hall, and the Language building. These are some of the biggest buildings on Campus, they're stark and not "pretty" at all, but they they are noteworthy for being... big?. If it makes anyone feel any better... UTSA's whole campus was built in this stile. Every time I've been there if feels like I'm visiting the set of the Planet of the Apes.. Its all cement walkways, cement stairway... the only green spaces are planters and post planned squares of greenery.

Edited by SAGreenFan

If we could ever stop all that confounding campus construction at our main campus we might have some actual time to do some decent land-scaping to beautify our burgeoning, sprawling campus.

And just look at what those UNT students of recent years have done to us? :o:unsure: Those guilty ones who had the audacity to pass a referendum for UNT students to significantly help fund a new football stadium. JUST LOOK WHAT THEY DONE TO US!There's a gol' darn sink hole just east of the Athletic Center at the MG Village with concrete and steele beams strewed all around that hole. How we going to beautify our campus with this kind of non-sense happening all the time at our campus? Dastardly UNT students! :rolleyes::) ............................... :clapping: (we applaud & are indebted to you all--the benefits of what you did by passing that referendum in terrible economic times in the USA will happen sooner than later--you all are the true heros in this stadium project).

GMG!

TEXAS! ! ! ! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen