What North Texas' Uniforms Should Look Like

NThomas

After posting about other team's helmets compared to North Texas', I got to thinking about the one thing that everyone on this board seems to agree about, the SOW should be on the helmet.

So I did some mock-ups of helmets with the SOW and got a little carried away... So here's my proposal for what UNT's uniforms should look like. All of the designs have the same theme:

• Green and white (The colors are right there in the fight song and alma mater. Can't get any easier. There's no mention of blue, black, or copper.)
  • Helmets are solid Mean Green with SOW (any time I tried a single white stripe, it looked too much like Michigan State).
  • Home uniforms have green jerseys with white pants, road uniforms are inversed.
  • All sets have an entire "Mean Green Out" uniform (eventually, there will only be one shade of green in the stands, that's when to drop any ideas of "White Out" games and have the players uniforms match the fans).

Design A

Inspiration: Arkansas Razorbacks

arkansas.png

Design B

Inspiration: Indiana Hoosiers

indianav.png

All that green can kinda be overwhelming to stare at but if you break it up with white, like in Design B, it doesn't strain your eyes.

• Upvote 3

Thought you might like to see this thread (there are probably 20 more just like it). No sense reinventing the wheel.

Of the selections offered in this thread I like Design B but would really like a combination of B and the first example in the attached thread above. I like the stripe on the pants, the black accent and no stripe on the helmet. Also, not big on sleeve numbers.

• Upvote 1

I like the uniform designs above overall, especially the green helmet with logo and North Texas only on the jersey!

Black is a good accent color for green and white. Black accent lines around the numbers/lettering and black piping on the uniform would also help to break it up so not too much green.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 4

I know I am in the minority when I say this, but I really don't like green helments. To me the green helments make the jerseys look too cluttered, I prefer the clean look of a white helment.

Did you ever own a skate ramp near Bachman Lake?

I like Varsity's apple green/dark green combo.

As far as black, that didn't work so well last time. Especially the socks. Black makes it look like my dad playing with me after work.

"Singing glory to the green

Singing glory to the white."

Edited by greenjoe