Unt Offensive Coordinator

bdan2002

I've got a great idea...why don't we just post/rename links to the same story until something official is announced? :P

UNT to hire former USF OC, Mike Canales

and

Sources: North Texas close to hiring USF's OC

or

Pigs Fly! - Dodge to hire OC with FBS and NFL experience

You funny, Gangrene. :lol:

Maybe I was wrong, but I thought the content of the story changed from when the link was first posted.

You funny, Gangrene. :lol:

Maybe I was wrong, but I thought the content of the story changed from when the link was first posted.

Maybe it did...I don't know...I was just giving you a hard time. ;) After watching all the erroneous reports at Tennessee and ECU, I've been looking for some "official" word too. While I did hear the ticket ticker announcement on the way home, they were careful to insert the word "reportedly" into the announcement.

Hold the phone. :huh:

http://www.footballscoop.com/?cat=24

North Texas: Despite multiple reports, Mike Canales has not yet accepted an offer to be the offensive coordinator at North Texas. We hear Canales is still deciding

I think I know what the conversation that caused this was like.

Dodge: "Would you like to be our OC?"

Canles: "Yes."

Dodge: "Cool, I'll call the plays and you wear a headset up in the box, k?"

Canales: "Let me think about it."

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Hold the phone. :huh:

http://www.footballscoop.com/?cat=24

North Texas: Despite multiple reports, Mike Canales has not yet accepted an offer to be the offensive coordinator at North Texas. We hear Canales is still deciding

I guess the thought of being a place holder while accumulating bad resume material with a program going down like the titanic is giving him the heebie jeebies. I, too, would lean towards just sitting on my a$$ and collect the $200k without passing Go.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Well, I'm certainly not suggesting that Canales won't accept the job but, if that turns out to the be case, I'll still be very satisfied with the attempt. IMO, Canales is one of, if not, the top option(s) out there right now and I am ecstatic we've gone after him. It's proven that a coach's previous pay scale and UNT's dismal, short-term future aren't as big of obstacles to overcome as many on this board once believed.

I hope Canales views the UNT job as a challenge he is willing to take head on and sees that our odds aren't insurmountable. If not, I hope we move on to the 2nd top option, rather than working our way from the bottom up.

Please Coach Canales, accept the offer and help us get this ship headed in the right direction!!

• Upvote 1

I think I know what the conversation that caused this was like.

Dodge: "Would you like to be our OC?"

Canles: "Yes."

Dodge: "Cool, I'll call the plays and you wear a headset up in the box, k?"

Canales: "Let me think about it."

Did you over hear this? Or are you just trying to remind everyone on every thread of your dislike of our coach? It gets old.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

Because it conflicts with his own opinion. Do you even read this board?

We all know his opinion.

But I don't remember telling him not to voice his opinion. Just that I'm tired of hearing it for no reason. I get it, Emmitt doesn't like Dodge. I just think if some of you would remove your anti-Dodge colored glasses you'd see things more clearly instead of blaming every problem (or even non-problems as in this case) on a single source.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

We all know his opinion.

But I don't remember telling him not to voice his opinion. Just that I'm tired of hearing it for no reason. I get it, Emmitt doesn't like Dodge. I just think if some of you would remove your anti-Dodge colored glasses you'd see things more clearly instead of blaming every problem (or even non-problems as in this case) on a single source.

There is an obvious correlation here to another part of the board...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, I'm certainly not suggesting that Canales won't accept the job but, if that turns out to the be case, I'll still be very satisfied with the attempt. IMO, Canales is one of, if not, the top option(s) out there right now and I am ecstatic we've gone after him. It's proven that a coach's previous pay scale and UNT's dismal, short-term future aren't as big of obstacles to overcome as many on this board once believed.

I hope Canales views the UNT job as a challenge he is willing to take head on and sees that our odds aren't insurmountable. If not, I hope we move on to the 2nd top option, rather than working our way from the bottom up.

Please Coach Canales, accept the offer and help us get this ship headed in the right direction!!

I think these decisions have already been made long before we hear about them. :ph34r: