Usc Looking For New Coach

UNTflyer

In watching the US Army Bowl (HS All-star game), the announcer just mentioned that all of the USC recruits' phones were ringing this morning...I'm not sure his meaning was literal, but the point was made. This is a decision that could easily cause some major shifts in recruiting. He did say some of the USC recruits were considering Florida.

I don't know about you, but I will gladly take an amount of 'big time' corruption to get NT on track and become a legit power.

You've been hanging around the hilltop too long ;)

Problem is even if we did , when we got caught we would end up with the Death Penalty and not a slap on the hand like a USC....but yeah I'm with you , I'll gladly take it too.

I would expect you'd think that way.

Name me a squeaky clean program and I will show you a school that isn't trying hard enough. I am not saying I want us to be a USC or an SMU in the 80's, but if our alums had money and some less than honorable things happened behind the scenes to make our program better, I think you would gladly take that too. I'm pretty sure everyone here would.

Edited by Green Guy Bass

I could care less if UNT athletics were nothing but gang banging thugs filled with corruption from top to bottom. I just want my school to win and be relevant.

LET'S HOOD IT UP IN HEA!!

I think that only works for the school until you get caught. Of course, any sanctions go against the school, so the AD staff can move on and not suffer the consequences.

Seriously it really doesn't take much to make a team a winner. Especially these days. Coach Fry would have killed for the opportunity that exists today to be in a bowl game.

This is our scenario.

We play 12 games,

eight of them are against the worst conference in FBS. The SunBelt.

4 nonconference games ( 1 body bag, 1 Good Mid major program, and 2 very winnable Mid major teams (Ohio, Akron, Rice, Ball State)

You need to win 6 games to be bowl eligible, so basically win at least 2 non conference games, beat the teams that everyone else beats every single year, such as your (FIU, FAU, Arkansas State, ULM, ULL) and bam you can be in the

Skittles Lumberjack Bowl played in Shreveport, LA.... You win your bowl game and you can bring in recruits that want to build upon your recent success.

I could care less if UNT athletics were nothing but gang banging thugs filled with corruption from top to bottom. I just want my school to win and be relevant.

LET'S HOOD IT UP IN HEA!!

Then I would stop going to games and remove my degree from the office wall...

Only to be replaced by thousands of estranged grads and "lifetime" mean green fans.

Sad but true.

No kidding. Glad somebody is seeing the positives that would come out of a thug filled yet talented student athletes that win games and take their programs to a national level. Oh and don't forget the amount of money the school could raise from alumni who all of a sudden would actually give a damn about their school and have school pride which would go to the departments and thus create more research money and enhance the university's profile. Oh but of course that is the last thing we would want. Get real.

No kidding. Glad somebody is seeing the positives that would come out of a thug filled yet talented student athletes that win games and take their programs to a national level. Oh and don't forget the amount of money the school could raise from alumni who all of a sudden would actually give a damn about their school and have school pride which would go to the departments and thus create more research money and enhance the university's profile. Oh but of course that is the last thing we would want. Get real.

Just what I want to be know as, The Miami Hurricanes of the 2010's. No thanks.

You really think so? I'd rather have a diploma that helped me get a job. Thug filled programs end up with nothing but thugs for fans. Thugs don't have an extra money to donate to the school as they need it for bling and bail.

Donations to SMUs other programs went UP dramatically when they cleaned up the football team. After A&M cleaned up their act, their donations went up as well. And the same was true at OU after Switzer. You suggestion that somehow NT would be counter to the trend across the rest of the country and have an increase in research money goes against all existing facts.

After SMU in the 80s, big donors who fund the corrupt programs dropped dramatically. In Texas, the legislator actually had hears about a bill making donors who funded NCAA cheating criminally liable. It did not pass, but the threat it sure made a lot of folks think twice.

I think everyone is confusing wannabe thugs, with actual criminals. I personally do not want a team who has the criminal mentality of Miami a couple of years ago when they got into the fight with FIU. I don't want a program that has drug problem, using or distributing. And I certainly dont want a program that has such a need for police investigation that UNTPD has a CID office in the new stadium.