The Glass Ceiling Is Shattered!

Well, stop giving me cause to fear for their future.

Fear for your own future. Try getting some semblence of a life of your own, maybe go out this weekend(weather permitting)......with a girl, and work towards having your own family. Maybe someday God will bless you with your own kids to raise as you see fit, not how some miserable human-hating statists like Obama's science buddy John Holdren feels how you should raise them.

Just remember kid's don't come with instructions. It's a daily challenge like no other thing you've ever experienced, but worth every second.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Fear for your own future. Try getting some semblence of a life of your own, maybe go out this weekend(weather permitting)......with a girl, and work towards having your own family. Maybe someday God will bless you with your own kids to raise as you see fit, not how some miserable human-hating statists like Obama's science buddy John Holdren feels how you should raise them.

Just remember kid's don't come with instructions. It's a daily challenge like no other thing you've ever experienced, but worth every second.

Rick

I kidnapped a child from the IKEA parking lot.

The kid had instructions with them, but they were pretty useless. More frustrating and confusing than helpful.

Fear for your own future. (I do...have you heard about this "global warming" shit? Freaks me out, man.) Try getting some semblence of a life of your own (I feel I've told you before...you couldn't keep up, sir), maybe go out this weekend(weather permitting) (big weather doesn't frighten us yanks)......with a girl (1 semi-steady, 3 local side projects and a dozen or so more spread out across the States...one about to go international), and work towards having your own family (no interest). Maybe someday God (who?) will bless you with your own kids to raise as you see fit, not how some miserable human-hating statists like Obama's science buddy John Holdren feels how you should raise them (just a 10 year moratorium on births...could go a long way)

Just remember kid's don't come with instructions. It's a daily challenge like no other thing you've ever experienced, but worth every second. (Until one wants to hack off their Johnson...then they're disowned)

Rick (who?)

work towards having your own family (no interest)

I, too, have no desire to have children...I believe most intelligent people see having children for what it is: a socially forced trap that causes the discontinuation of the life you wanted to lead. I worry that we're headed toward an Idiocracy-esque future because of this.

The first five minutes of that film scare the living bejeezus outta me because it is one-hundred percent truth.

Edited by JayDub

I, too, have no desire to have children...I believe most intelligent people see having children for what it is: a socially forced trap that causes the discontinuation of the life you wanted to lead. I worry that we're headed toward an Idiocracy-esque future because of this.

The first five minutes of that film scare the living bejeezus outta me because it is one-hundred percent truth.

Funny. I don't have kids. But, I realize that it is because I am scared as hell at the huge responsibility of raising them and keeping them safe from all of the evil in the world until they are able to handle said evil themselves. But, if it makes you feel better to tell yourself it is a "socially forced trap that causes the discontinuation of the life you want to lead.", just keep on telling yourself that.

Talk to any good parent, and they will tell you how much crap your post is.

Funny. I don't have kids. But, I realize that it is because I am scared as hell at the huge responsibility of raising them and keeping them safe from all of the evil in the world until they are able to handle said evil themselves. But, if it makes you feel better to tell yourself it is a "socially forced trap that causes the discontinuation of the life you want to lead.", just keep on telling yourself that.

As the youngest of 7 children of a single mother, whose father abandoned the family by the time I was a year old (and I have no kids of my own), I would say this: Those who desire to have kids, and can take the responsibility for raising them, do so. Those who don't have the desire to have kids, or who can't take the responsibility for raising them, don't. That is not a suitable topic for these righty-lefty back and forths.

At this stage of JayDubs' life his view of parenting and/or marriage is best for him. As he gets older and matures some, he may change his mind....or not. But if he does change his mind, he would have put much more thought into the process than (sadly) a large portion of our population, and would therefore be an excellent candidate for parenting. I refer to becoming a parent as "committing parenthood"...emphasis on the word "committing". Children are not accessories to what you think your family life should be. They are adult-human-beings-in-training that will one day make a very positive contribution on society, or be a huge burden on society. But how that eventually turns out IS your (the parents) responsibility. Your support group (and the government) can help, but ultimately you made the decision to bring this person into the world, and how that turns out is on you.

One of my basic views about marriage is that it really isn't necessary unless you are going to bring children into the world. Some of the most emotionally healthy relationhips have taken place without the formalities of marriage. Women are equal enough in this world that they don't need the protection of marriage......but children do.

At this stage of JayDubs' life his view of parenting and/or marriage is best for him. As he gets older and matures some, he may change his mind....or not. But if he does change his mind, he would have put much more thought into the process than (sadly) a large portion of our population, and would therefore be an excellent candidate for parenting. I refer to becoming a parent as "committing parenthood"...emphasis on the word "committing". Children are not accessories to what you think your family life should be. They are adult-human-beings-in-training that will one day make a very positive contribution on society, or be a huge burden on society. But how that eventually turns out IS your (the parents) responsibility. Your support group (and the government) can help, but ultimately you made the decision to bring this person into the world, and how that turns out is on you.

One of my basic views about marriage is that it really isn't necessary unless you are going to bring children into the world. Some of the most emotionally healthy relationhips have taken place without the formalities of marriage. Women are equal enough in this world that they don't need the protection of marriage......but children do.

SilverEagle is my hero. Just sayin'.

Wow. This thread just introduced a new type of hijack. It's like a bunch of people got on a plane for a ho-hum destination, say Fresno. Not a bad place at all, but not exciting either. Partway through, a couple guys got up, took over, and said "we are in control now, and we are taking this plane to Dayton, Ohio." No one is happy, but few want to fight it. However, suddenly, a small group get together in aisle 27 and agree that "Not Dayton again! Everytime we get on a plane here, someone has to take it to Dayton. We hate Dayton, and we're not gonna take it anymore." They storm the original jackers, take over, and instead of turning the plane around back to Fresno, announce, "How does Cancun sound to y'all instead?" :clapping:

Let me start by saying I'm a parent of two (boy & girl). My wife and I were married for 5 years before having our first. We came very close to just saying the hell with it, our lives are great, why do we need kids? My brother then met a woman, had a very short engagement, got married, & quickly got his wife pregnant. When my wife saw that bulging belly and then went on the shopping sprees for baby clothes with my sister in law, she couldn't get the baby spooge out of me fast enough. Talk about pressure to perform!! Not my proudest bedroom moments...running off subject now.....

Anyway, long story short, i wouldn't trade anything in the world for my two children. Just seeing myself & my wife in them makes my life worthwhile. Not having them would not make my life worth living.

As for the trangendered thing, who gives a shit if this person has a sack or cooch? As long as he/she isn't a child molestor or murderer & can contribute to society (which it is apparent he already has) why bother??? Worry about keeping your own home right.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

So let me get this straight. The University of Michigan is hiring an alum to head up the athletic department? I'm sure the board (and hiring authority) at the North Texas Exes are shocked by such a radical idea. B)

A successful alum who supports the program.

If we had more of those, that'd be one thing, but unless you want to see "Distinguished Fire Fighter Takes Reigns of Fundraising Club" headline, it's probably going to take a bit longer to find the qualified alums we would all prefer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Note to the rest of this forum involved in the topic: We're getting outclassed.

Take a swing at me if you want, MFers, but you know it's true.

Edited by TheTastyGreek

Wow. This thread just introduced a new type of hijack. It's like a bunch of people got on a plane for a ho-hum destination, say Fresno. Not a bad place at all, but not exciting either.

Hey now, Fresno Air Terminal was the most exciting part of my morning with, ya know, lots of fog and airplanes turning circles around the Clovis VORTAC for-ev-er.

Edited by JayDub
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How does this diminish her skills and qualifications do to her job? You don't have to agree with her sexual orientation and what not but she still contributes to society.

This is far beyond gay not gay this sex change stuff is wrong, and mentally ill. Sorry but the truth.

No matter what you call this person it will never be a girl, maybe you should check on the mental stability of those that have sex changes.

PC in this country sweeps the facts under the rug. This person should be assigned to the carnival as the deformed man/bearded lady display.

Edited by KingDL1

A successful alum who supports the program.

If we had more of those, that'd be one thing, but unless you want to see "Distinguished Fire Fighter Takes Reigns of Fundraising Club" headline, it's probably going to take a bit longer to find the qualified alums we would all prefer.

Not at the salary that was conveyed to me. There would have been a very loooong line of "qualified graduates" applying for the job if ithe job had been widely known to the general NT exes population.

Edited by SilverEagle

This is far beyond gay not gay this sex change stuff is wrong, and mentally ill. Sorry but the truth.

No matter what you call this person it will never be a girl, maybe you should check on the mental stability of those that have sex changes.

PC in this country sweeps the facts under the rug. This person should be assigned to the carnival as the deformed man/bearded lady display.

geezzzz. I used to think that having a college education meant that someone was at least somewhat respectful of other people's non-threatening view of things. Such as their own sexuality. And what does sexuality have to do with your job knowledge and how you adhere to your job description?

geezzzz. I used to think that having a college education meant that someone was at least somewhat respectful of other people's non-threatening view of things. Such as their own sexuality. And what does sexuality have to do with your job knowledge and how you adhere to your job description?

Yeah and I thought a college education meant the ability to realize that a person is a whole being, and decisions and values reflect that being. Sorry no matter how many operations he has it does not change this freak job was a man or will it change his chromosomes. If he has that kind of issues I don't and I really mean I don't want him in public office of any sort, or employed with my tax dollars.

Silver get a grip, maybe you should do your research.

Edited by KingDL1

If someone wanted to chop their own hand off, they would be put in the psych ward for observation. But if you want to whack off (hehe) your tallywhacker, you are suddenly enlightened about your sexuality? Please.

If someone wanted to chop their own hand off, they would be put in the psych ward for observation. But if you want to whack off (hehe) your tallywhacker, you are suddenly enlightened about your sexuality? Please.

First: Current Temp is Dayton is 20° F, Partly Cloudy. This place sucks, but I’m putting on a coat and hat anyway.

Second: Thank you for making me feel better about my own enjoyable, juvenile misreading of the original post about whacking, johnsons, etc.

I’m going out on a limb here into the cultural values realm of the Mordor part of the board simply because the last two posters are ones I respect even though I have differences with their opinions at times. You two are funny, and have a good logical train that challenges my own in good ways. This is nothing more than a feeble attempt to try and have a civil conversation about different ideas to come to a larger understanding of where we can agree and where can agree to be different. I wouldn’t try this with too many others on the board, and if this backfires, I’ll exit promptly, with apologies, back into my silly-only motley quoting of pop-culture modus to less annoy the general population here.

Chopping off of hands and other extremities, this being about mental illness, pathology, and not about gay identity. Ok. Work with me. If it’s about having a problem with Gay identity, issues, etc, I’m not gonna argue with that. People can like it or not. Fine by me. I don’t want someone to get on my case because of what I believe. I worked hard to get to this state of faith, and don’t need someone else to tell me I’m a dick because of what I believe. I wouldn’t do the same to someone else.

Now, here’s where I’m curious to talk. If it’s really about this person’s personal choice to augment themselves in a perverse way against biology, and not about them being gay, you’re making an argument based on biological determinism. We’re born and develop through a series of genetic factors (chromosomes as put earlier). To electively choose to change this is some type of affront. Against God, against nature. Doesn’t matter. The issue here is that we are individually monkeying around with processes beyond us. And, to be clear, I’m talking about elective choices, and not life or death choices like getting cancer treatment or going in for the periodic colonoscopy.

If the prob with this person is that they electively chose to F* around with what nature gave them, and nothing more than that, how far are you willing to extend that criteria to judge other types of elective operations? I could easily make a lame strawman argument here about cosmetic surgery, boob jobs, pec implants, tummy tucks, and other vanity augmentations. Instead, I’ll go autobiographical. About three months ago, I noticed that one of my incisor teeth had been bent back slightly behind another. I went to the dentist about it. Turns out that, at the age of 38, my wisdom teeth are finally coming in (about time!!!! I need the help) and are pushing my teeth together, resulting in the somewhat ramshackle row I have on my lower jaw. Surgery is scheduled a few weeks from now to remove them. I made sick leave arrangements at work last week. Apparently, my coworkers had noticed the mess in my mouth and asked when I would have the follow-up surgical process to straighten out everything and get a nice smooth, clean smile, which would involve braces among other things. Needless to say, they were shocked when I said I wasn’t going to. Wasn’t interested in having a straight row of teeth since I can still chew food just fine.

Now, I don’t want to be accused of reducing this issue here to a simplistic analogy, so let me be clear. I’m not saying that whacking off your tallywhacker (hehe) is the same thing in degree of augmentation as getting your teeth straightened out. It’s not. Much much more invasive. Agreed. However, if the problem with the particular individual under discussion is not about his/her gay identity, but against their desecration of their biologically-determined condition, how do your prohibitions against it differ from many of the less radical forms of physical augmentation that seem to be the accepted norm these days?

And really, very very seriously, I’m not interested in picking a stupid fight here. You two are funny and informative for me, making me look more closely at my own beliefs in good ways. That’s the only reason I chose to respond. If this is not worth extending, cool with me and I’ll let it go, or we can take it up in PMs.

Yeah and I thought a college education meant the ability to realize that a person is a whole being, and decisions and values reflect that being. Sorry no matter how many operations he has it does not change this freak job was a man or will it change his chromosomes. If he has that kind of issues I don't and I really mean I don't want him in public office of any sort, or employed with my tax dollars.

Silver get a grip, maybe you should do your research.

Research about what? The only person that these operations affect are the person themselves and anyone that has a close relationship with them. It's his/her penis, not yours. Why do you care if he/she has it removed (or changed)? Are you the one who gave it to him/her?

If this person is now more comfortable with their sexual identity, then logically they can be a better employee. To me, what this person did is no different than just about any other cosmetic procedure(s).

• Downvote 2

Research about what? The only person that these operations affect are the person themselves and anyone that has a close relationship with them. It's his/her penis, not yours. Why do you care if he/she has it removed (or changed)? Are you the one who gave it to him/her?

If this person is now more comfortable with their sexual identity, then logically they can be a better employee. To me, what this person did is no different than just about any other cosmetic procedure(s).

Good luck with that, you can be as naive as you like. This whole procedure is about being something they are not, this warps a person to their core. Life is never so easily divided up that a freak job operation like this would not affect every aspect of their life.