Yep

Rudy

Two undefeateds playing each other - have just as much argument to call it a national title game as Texas vs Alabama.

A national championship game, yes.

The real national championship game, no.

I agreee.....but Coach Pattrson came out last week saying he was not in favor of a Play-off. Thus, I-AA and All the Other divisions do it right. And, thus TCU, this should be NO surprize. I will be routing for ya though!

You have to say that in the event TCU got snubbed. But now that TCU is in. Tell'em Patterson who you really feel.

You have to say that in the event TCU got snubbed. But now that TCU is in. Tell'em Patterson who you really feel.

He said he voted his team #2 and they could still win the AP title.

The school is being very strict to focus on the success and not downplay the achievements by complaining/campaigning.

That's a good PR strategy.

But, didn't that work for Mack Brown just a while ago?

Texas coach Mack Brown said Sunday that recent upsets in BCS bowl games, combined with a matchup of one-loss teams in Thursday's BCS national championship game, make it clear that "our system is not set up to have a definite [No. 1] in years like this." Toward that end, Brown said the third-ranked Longhorns (11-1), along with BCS bowl-winning teams from No. 5 Southern California (12-1) and No. 7 Utah (13-0), deserve consideration to be placed atop The Associated Press' postseason poll when ballots are collected after Thursday's matchup between No. 1 Florida (12-1) and No. 2 Oklahoma (12-1). Brown said Texas deserves consideration if the Longhorns defeat No. 10 Ohio State (10-2) in tonight's Fiesta Bowl.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Edited by gruu

TCU v. Boise certainly isn't a MORE legitimate National Title game as the Bama v Texas game is, but it is AS legitimate. ...which is the whole darn point. We could solve this problem with a playoff.

...but I knew Cincy would sling shot TCU, which is exactly why I was pulling for Texas and will be pulling for them in the title game.

Here is your conspiracy Rick. This match up is the real conspiracy here. The powers that be in the BCS made darn sure that none of the BCS schools had to be embarrassed by TCU or Boise here.

The silver lining is the state of Texas may win two of the big games in one year, which is a statement in and of itself. TCU and Texas will be my teams this post season.

Go Frogs!!! HOOK 'EM HORNS!

...but I knew Cincy would sling shot TCU, which is exactly why I was pulling for Texas and will be pulling for them in the title game.

Yup - was also rooting for the Horns because I didn't really want to see Cincy being considered for a National Title since I also knew Cincy would leap frog TCU (no pun intented).

Texas vs. Alabama will be a hell of a game. So will Boise vs TCU.

Yup - was also rooting for the Horns because I didn't really want to see Cincy being considered for a National Title since I also knew Cincy would leap frog TCU (no pun intented).

haven't seen the points deferential b/w Cincy & TCU , but if Clemson would have WON vs GT would it have made a difference ? Certaintly would have made it closer

Edited by NT03

....only if you're a Bama fan. I watched both games and the Whorns are soooooo going to get their asses kicked.

Lebreton makes some good points this morning about the 'conspiracy' theories. (He dismissed them, BTW.) The Fiesta took TCU over Iowa, who generally travel w/50K. Think about that for a minute. Big props to the Frogs.

Fact is though, that Iowa nor Florida would be available when the Fiesta picked again. The Fiesta had their choice of Boise or Cincinnati when they picked again. Cincinnati does not travel. Boise does. Fiesta took Boise, and the Sugar was left with Cincy.

The end.

There you go. A one way ticket to 1AA land for the Sunbelt, MAC, and possibly CUSA. Also the WAC after BSU is grabbed by another league. Keep on hoping for that playoff thing. Nacogdoches is a nice place for away games every other year.

Don't you think March Madness and the sheer number of FBS bball conferences holds some consideration?

OK, don't get mad...just asking the question...why is this on the Mean Green Football thread???? Seems we now have several threads in no way related to Mean green football on this thread. Shouldn't they be moved? Good threads, no doubt, but where is the UNT football connection? I thought that was why the Non-UNT football site was created. Ok, press on........

OK, don't get mad...just asking the question...why is this on the Mean Green Football thread???? Seems we now have several threads in no way related to Mean green football on this thread. Shouldn't they be moved? Good threads, no doubt, but where is the UNT football connection? I thought that was why the Non-UNT football site was created. Ok, press on........

What happens with UT has a direct effect on our program. :ph34r:

Guest GrayEagleOne

This has turned into a playoff thread and next year the Mean Green will be in the playoffs so it becomes pertinent.

While I'd take the SI version over nothing I still think that it's unfair in that it doesn't recognize ALL conferences (unlike basketball). They may play weaker schedules but who's to say that, East Carolina, Central Michigan and Troy are weaker than Pittsburgh, BYU, etc.? However, having to make the Top 16 still gives a better chance than having to make the Top 10.

Don't you think March Madness and the sheer number of FBS bball conferences holds some consideration?

Travel. You knock out several games each weekend in one spot and you aren't hoping for 20,000 plus fans to be there each game. I also don't want to hear about using the bowls as playoff games. Using the 16 team pool, two teams will have to travel to probable neutral sites 4 times with 6 days to make plans. Therefore it would go to the higher ranked team to host. This kills most bowls if not all. This is how fcs or 1AA does it but they aren't looking for tens of thousands of alumni to show up to one huge party/fund raiser with a game at the end of it. You spread out the post season and you dilute the attendance. This is what makes major college football unique. And why do we need a national champion so bad anyway.

And Kram, if you don't think this concerns NT football, you better think again.

It's very relevant, because if Alabama beats Texas by more than they beat us we can claim to be number 2. Come to think of it, some people already think we are number 2. :o