The Time Has Come To Let Dodge Go

NT03

I don't mind seeing Riley at QB. And i certainly don't want to lose him like others may suggest. But, i don't think he should have been playing this year. At least, after the first 4 or 5 games i felt that way. I feel sorry for Meager who got benched for doing a lot less. Tune seemed to be a much better passer to compliment dunbar's ability. Sadly, we didn't have a qb this year who go connect over 20 yards.

Riley's got talent, but for his second year at north texas (I know only one really playing), his arm is just not strong enough. Any ball thrown more than 10-15 yards is either off the mark or up for anyone to go get. After 2 years at the college level, shouldn't his arm be sufficiently strong to throw a 20 yard pass and hit a receiver? Lets use his talent and put him somewhere else on the field. If its not strong now, its not going to get better imo. He just doesn't have that type of arm.

Those great WR transfers won't do us a bit of good if we still have a QB with a noodle arm.

How many times did you see Outlaw or Carey with at least 3-4 steps on a DB only for Riley to float up a rainbow that caused nearly an all-out stop? It happens so frequently, it's not just a fluke or misthrown ball. It's who he is right now.

Those great WR transfers won't do us a bit of good if we still have a QB with a noodle arm.

Yup , outside the 4 TOs we missed out on 3 TDs because the ball was underthrown and the WR had to sit and either come back or wait on the pass. Besides , all the WRs are going to do is catch bubble screen after bubble screen.

I like Riley , but a college QB is not his best position. I don't know if Tune is the answer , but whoever it is could have a field day with the talent we have.

WRs : Stafford , Cole , Carey , Lewis , Dodge

RBs : Dunbar & Hamilton

Edited by NT03

Riley's got talent, but for his second year at north texas (I know only one really playing), his arm is just not strong enough. Any ball thrown more than 10-15 yards is either off the mark or up for anyone to go get. After 2 years at the college level, shouldn't his arm be sufficiently strong to throw a 20 yard pass and hit a receiver? Lets use his talent and put him somewhere else on the field. If its not strong now, its not going to get better imo. He just doesn't have that type of arm.

Oh, i see what you mean. yeah, he might be better at WR for this year... with the hope of him moving out next year or two. I can see that being a good thing.

And, to the person who suggest that R. Dodge is as good as we have right now... We do have a player in Tune who can throw quite well beyond 20 yards.

Dodge does not have the arm required for the position, those rainbows are killing us, and will eventually get one of the WRs killed themselves. Put him at WR and be done with him.

Put Tune in there with Baine or someone else as backup next season. Possibly recruit a JUCO QB, one with a gun and a quick one at that.

Get another solid RB to go with Dunbar between plays.

A few bigger linemen on offense, and an all out nastier defense.

A new coach in Bower or another Div-I coach is what the Dr. is prescribing, no more high school experiments please.

We hung with Army tonight, but 5 turnovers, and nothing to cover the options hurts. Not to mention their #82 towered over our corners, so them just throwing it up for grabs in his direction, is automatic.

Pitiful... but we had that game, and took out the shotgun and blasted both out knee caps with one bullet. We are our own worst enemy.

I've been quietly observing for three seasons now so I didn't jump to conclusions about our current coaching staff. After what we've all seen from TD I just don't think he is capable of coaching at this level right now. The mistakes, bad calls and poor decisions are too numerous to ignore any longer. I wanted Dodge to be successful because I believe he is a good man and I love NT, but it's time for a change. Dunbar is our best player and his lack of touches tonight is inexcusable. Poor decisions regarding time outs (again) fall squarely on the shoulders of the head coach. We're in year three of the Dodge offense and still we have several plays each game when our players look like they don't understand their assignments. TD has been slow to make adjustments in all aspects from season to season and in games as well. It took Dodge two full seasons to realize we needed a TE. How long before he figures out that we occasionally need to line up under center? And I'm sorry, but being a redshirt freshman is not an excuse for continually making poor decision after poor decision. If you're small with a less than average arm you have to play smart, and we're just not getting that from the QB position. Anyone but the coaches son would have been pulled a couple of times this year.

And here's a nugget for you recruiting experts. I happen to work in Dallas and have several people in my office that have sons playing high school football, some being recruited by NT. These kids play in Dallas, Desoto, Garland, etc. Two years ago many of them were excited about our program in the hopes that TD would turn things around and were hopeful their sons would have an opportunity to play for Dodge and stay close to home. These parents also kept me in the loop on what other players were thinking and I was excited as hell to hear that many of these kids were hopeful of an offer from NT. Not so much after this season. Hopefully we still get our share, but the losing is definitely having an effect. Just my two cents and now I'm off to ask Santa for a good season next year. GO MEAN GREEN!

Guest GrayEagleOne

Is there any preparation for game day? Offense or defense?

There have been a few good plays by the Mean Green but mostly this has been a disaster. Arkansas State came prepared to play and we didn't. Simple as that.

Why do we think that next year will be different?