Louisiana-monroe

FirefightnRick

good news is that our offense has averaged 40 points per game in conference play. bad news is that our defense has allowed 44 points per game; hense we are 1&4 in league play. the defense has not shown an ability to stop anyone, and i have no reason to beleive they will. incidentialy, 3 of t.d.'s 5 wins in 3 years have come against w.k., another was ball state. for a parking pass and two 50yard line tickets to saturdays game[i will be out of town] , name the 5 th team he beat, year and score.

Yes, we seem to have a point deficit with no indication of change on the horizon. I think t.d. is in way over his head. If you are serious about the tickets, I would love to take my 6-year old son to the game to see the MEAN GREEN. Even if they don't have enough time left on the clock to pull off the win. :)

I think the Warhawks will try to take away Cam/Lance and make Riley pass. Their offense will try to run the ball.

UNT has to stop the run, and run the ball successfully. If they can do that, limit turnovers, and play sound kicking game, they have a great shot of winning.

Was that not the plan for WKU?? Result............Dunbar 227 yards.

Can this defense learn basic fundamentals of tackling in one week? We gave up 49 points up to a team that avg. 16 pg coming in. ULM is not WKU, and I believe they are much better coached. I am not a fan of Weatherbie, but he will have this team ready to play. It is time for our defense to show "improvement" for the full 60 minutes of the game. If not, then bring back the green shirts the rest of the season.

Yes, we seem to have a point deficit with no indication of change on the horizon. I think t.d. is in way over his head. If you are serious about the tickets, I would love to take my 6-year old son to the game to see the MEAN GREEN. Even if they don't have enough time left on the clock to pull off the win. :)

call mandy mckinley at athletic department and ask her to send you ward white's tickets and parking paaa. i gave them to her saturday, so she probably still has them. any problems, e/mail me at wardly@tx.rr.com and i will call her. enjoy, ward

call mandy mckinley at athletic department and ask her to send you ward white's tickets and parking paaa. i gave them to her saturday, so she probably still has them. any problems, e/mail me at wardly@tx.rr.com and i will call her. enjoy, ward

Am I the only one that is thinking that this whole scenario will not end well for the winner of these prized tickets and parking pass?

:blink:

IMHO the remaining games are winable and I think we have a better chance of going 4-0 than 0-4. For those of us who have been GOING to the games have seen improvement on offense, defense and special teams. You can not see this improvement if you DO NOT go to the games or "just" read about the games on gmg or follow the team "just" in the paper.

The highlighted words should not be used in the same sentence this year. I have been at every home game and have watched the defense steadily regress, not improve.

We wil have a tough time running against this defense. Riley could have aother huge game, as ULM's pass defense is bad. ULM will run for over 200 yards.

I'm going with a final score of 52-45 ULM.

Don't forget Obi. He is developing rapidly. Now if he can add about 40 more pounds, he'll be a dynamite DE. He's third on the team in tackles for a loss, despite being an underweight, true freshman.

If I were to gain 150 lbs of muscle, grow about 8 inches and finally finish that time machine I've been working on, I'll be a DOMINANT left guard.

I think the Warhawks will try to take away Cam/Lance and make Riley pass. Their offense will try to run the ball.

UNT has to stop the run, and run the ball successfully. If they can do that, limit turnovers, and play sound kicking game, they have a great shot of winning.

Darrell Dickey?

Guest GrayEagleOne

Throw the ball, indeed! ULM has one of the best, if not the best, run defenses in the conference but one of the poorer pass defenses. They'll be keying on Dunbar until we throw the ball more than we run it.

On the other hand, due to the unknown condition of either quarterback's hand/wrist the safest thing for them is to run the ball. If Revell's broken thumb is healed, they are a passing threat but I like our chances if the defense of the first two games shows up.

Oh well. That was anticlimactic.