What Happens

UNT90

We get the same thing, win or loss - everyone telling us this thing is "on the right track" no matter how crappy it looks. Heard George say it on the radio yesterday.

Crazy. The standard is the champion of your league. For us, that's Troy. We haven't gotten more competitive with them since Dodge was hired. And, we won't as long as Dodge is here. I wish someone in the athletic department cared about our alma mater. Anyone.

Crazy. The standard is the champion of your league. For us, that's Troy. We haven't gotten more competitive with them since Dodge was hired. And, we won't as long as Dodge is here. I wish someone in the athletic department cared about our alma mater. Anyone.

Did anyone catch Brett's five Qs with the Troy beat writer? I thought his comment about Troy's recruiting tactics was interesting. Not regarding their over-signing, but the idea that JUCOs are the only way to compete in the Belt, and he referred to FIU as an example of a program that is finding out the hard way you can't build a program with full freshman signings.

Is there any validity to that? I am not questioning Troy's success, because they have clearly found a formula that is working, but it seems to me if you have the patience to work with freshman and coach them correctly, the dividends are far better than JUCOs?

Freshmen or JUCO, one this is certain - you need a coach who knows what they're doing with the players he has on his roster.

You can give me watercolors or oils, but I'm not an artist. So, whatever I put on canvas will not look good. You want a masterpiece, hire a real artist. You want a good football team, hire a real coach.

The WKU-UNT game will be a good one, it always is, I actually think they are our rivals in the SBC, so much hatred and close games....

They really really really hate us, for those two close wins, fights, and etc.

Games like these can go either way, they are looking to get out of their slump what better team to do that with than NT....

I am definately going to this one, screw Halloween.....

If we lose, more calls for Dodge to step will come, but will be ignored..... Dodge will be given his fourth year.

Prediction: Too close to call. but NT will be expected to win this one.

If that should happen we need to get the paramedics ready because several people will jump off of the back of the Fouts Field press box.

At least that would mean that we were still in the game late enough to still have some fans left in the stadium at the end. You always have to accentuate the positive when you are a Mean Green follower. :ph34r:

There is really no excuse to lose at home to WKU. However, even with a victory, I would think one or two more wins and no blowout losses would be necessary the rest of this season.

So what we are saying basically is this: in 3 seasons and 5 wins we will get to have a fourth year of this? If so, then we need to GIVE up going to another conference and just accepting mediocrity.

So what we are saying basically is this: in 3 seasons and 5 wins we will get to have a fourth year of this? If so, then we need to GIVE up going to another conference and just accepting mediocrity.

Believe me, I can certainly see your point, and it is frustrating. However, the reality of the situation in which we currently find ourselves may dictate some less than lofty goals. Now, how we placed ourselves in this situation is another discussion entirely.

Maybe the anti-WAC group will now change their tune and want us to go WACky since the SBC has clearly gotten too tough for us? On the other hand, Idaho would probably whip us 70-7.