Texas Knew Where To Play Riley And I Agree.

saysojoe

Its time to put Riley at slot and be our "Shippley" for all the good things he does he takes a step backwards with the turnovers. Yes I know he is a redshirt but there is no way this young man makes it the next 4 years leading the Mean Green "O". The turnovers have been huge in the RedZone and have been gamechangers. Hes a tough kid but being tough can go so far. If the "O" keeps playing like this and keeps our "D" on the turff ....mayby one more win this year. Lets give Tune and Baine a shot with Riley on the field at the same time and see were that takes us.

Fire away at me folks.......I was there yesturday....and knew the lack luster game plane against Bama would carry over and boy did it the first half.

Muts put on a show on how to run the spread the right way....the quick no huddle.... never looking to the sideline for the play call is how its done. Our D were not even ready half the time the ball was snapped .

Edited by saysojoe

Seriously?!!?!!? Yes lets, take out the highest rated recruit who is a RS Freshman and starting his 3rd game. And put in a guy who had 0 scholarship offers. If you want to talk about "gamechanging" turnovers. How about Tunes int that gave away the Ohio game.

How about his NO turnovers against the # 3 team in the nation? Doesn't look too good versus the four last night does it??

How about his NO turnovers against the # 3 team in the nation? Doesn't look too good versus the four last night does it??

Gameplans that weren't even close to similar.

If you guys want to put in Tune, you are waving the white flag for this season and next season. When we would do what....start a true freshman in Javia Hall?? And be right back where we started...

Muts put on a show on how to run the spread the right way....the quick no huddle.... never looking to the sideline for the play call is how its done. Our D were not even ready half the time the ball was snapped .

I was impressed by that quick no huddle; noticed they only did it for a short time early in the game, and were less effective when they went back to doing it like we do, with the look to the sideline. I'm now wondering if they had some scripted series of plays memorized, and just ran through those before going to the "look to the sideline". However, I do find myself wishing we would go to that "quick no huddle" at least some. It seems to have some chance of keeping defenses off balance.

Yes, Riley made some mistakes he also kept UNT from getting completely blown out. What a knee jerk reaction, so I am firing away. Do you really think that NT has another QB that can come close to making the plays that Riley did? I do agree that there was an Alabama game hangover, you cannot instill confidence by giving up. However, I am not sure how you blame the game plan on Riley, wrong Dodge. Also you may want to note that there was a lot of positive offensive yardage to go along with the turnovers.

Riley is still learning and to suggest that a change needs to be made after three games is plain crazy. I actually thought Dodge had an overall good game. His first throw for an interception was a bad decision and he made several others, but the MUTS defense and I thought a very bad performance by the NT offensive line had a lot to do with the play selection. Based on three games, I think Riley is doing as well as most could expect and I think he will continue to progress.

Seriously?!!?!!? Yes lets, take out the highest rated recruit who is a RS Freshman and starting his 3rd game. And put in a guy who had 0 scholarship offers. If you want to talk about "gamechanging" turnovers. How about Tunes int that gave away the Ohio game.

H-town.. Tune made up for the pick6 and put the ball into a WRs hands twice for the win but the ball was dropped. If our highest rated recruit were on the other the end of those passes The GAME is over and we are 2-0. Im not throwing in the white flag and never will......Riley looked like a wounded soldier last night ....they had to tape up his chin .....tape up his arm.....wrap his ankle and this is only the third game. Your 0 "scholly" thing doent fly with me. Many walkons can play if the coach ever gives them the chance. Tune is not running QB ....if he throwing the ball to Rylie and he gets some YAKS he stays healthy for 4 more years and makes big Jonny Quinn type plays for us. If Tune cant run....Lets give Baine a chance to carry the ball....pretty sure he was the one that played Dasher on the scout team this week.... thats got say something about his speed.

Unbelievable. I knew this thread would be here today. Did Riley look bad yesterday? Yes. But come on.

What I'm most worried about is why I saw some of you 'big players' here on the board not participating in the singing of our alma mater. I guess getting on the field after the game is more important.

Or folks have iPhones and can post from wherever.

H-town.. Tune made up for the pick6 and put the ball into a WRs hands twice for the win but the ball was dropped. If our highest rated recruit were on the other the end of those passes The GAME is over and we are 2-0. Im not throwing in the white flag and never will......Riley looked like a wounded soldier last night ....they had to tape up his chin .....tape up his arm.....wrap his ankle and this is only the third game. Your 0 "scholly" thing doent fly with me. Many walkons can play if the coach ever gives them the chance. Tune is not running QB ....if he throwing the ball to Rylie and he gets some YAKS he stays healthy for 4 more years and makes big Jonny Quinn type plays for us. If Tune cant run....Lets give Baine a chance to carry the ball....pretty sure he was the one that played Dasher on the scout team this week.... thats got say something about his speed.

Yes, he did make up for the pick 6. But we wouldn't be in that situation IF HE DIDN'T THROW THE PICK 6 IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!

Baine?!?! You're suggesting we bring in Baine now too?!? Tune doesn't fit this style of offense, he can not run at all. Dodge gives you another weapon in the backfield.

The fact we're having this talk is absurd.

I believe in Riley and Nathan. I think they can both be good quarterbacks.

But to the point that Tune's interception cost us the Ohio game: That's preposterous. Hell, there were so many ways that we could have won that game and didn't. (stopping them on 4th and 16.....being a huge one).

And btw......the word up here is that the receiver cut off his route on the interception.

I believe in Riley and Nathan. I think they can both be good quarterbacks.

But to the point that Tune's interception cost us the Ohio game: That's preposterous. Hell, there were so many ways that we could have won that game and didn't. (stopping them on 4th and 16.....being a huge one).

And btw......the word up here is that the receiver cut off his route on the interception.

Simple question SUMG

Who give NT at better chance to win week in, week out. Riley or Tune?

Yes, he did make up for the pick 6. But we wouldn't be in that situation IF HE DIDN'T THROW THE PICK 6 IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!

Baine?!?! You're suggesting we bring in Baine now too?!? Tune doesn't fit this style of offense, he can not run at all. Dodge gives you another weapon in the backfield.

The fact we're having this talk is absurd.

Alright H-town.....I'll check back in with ya on this topic after the "La La" game. Pretty sure it wont change my mind.....but I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if things change.

Mississippi States "Tyson Lee" a formal walkon QB for the Bulldogs almost upset LSU.......... so yes I'm suggesting Baine too !!!!!

agree agree agree, riley is wes welker , if dodge wants to make him the superstar let him play slot, probably might be drafted as well then he can have a PROFESSIONAL son some day. tune could do it but as more of a passing QB and use the slots and rb's as the running threats. baine could do it but wont get a chance in this regime. defense buddy of mine said baine really thrashed the def at times this week and said he should be on the field somewhere. heck, we might have 2 wes welkers.

Guest JohnDenver

agree agree agree, riley is wes welker , if dodge wants to make him the superstar let him play slot, probably might be drafted as well then he can have a PROFESSIONAL son some day. tune could do it but as more of a passing QB and use the slots and rb's as the running threats. baine could do it but wont get a chance in this regime. defense buddy of mine said baine really thrashed the def at times this week and said he should be on the field somewhere. heck, we might have 2 wes welkers.

In half joking.. ok... I am not. That is mildly racist. Why can't he be Steve Smith? Or Deion Branch? You have to pick the white guy... Like Dirk is always compared to Bird and Nash is compared to Stockton.

Guest JohnDenver

I'm not sure. But there's one thing I know for sure- Jevan Snead is a no good quitter.

I can assure you that on their football board, there are people that want to start the backup QB after the way they have started this year.