Huge Visit This Weekend!

Cooley

Can you put up any more info on this kid? Is he going to be at the game? Ima give him an earl campbell hotlink, some green kool-aid, and some nice ladies.

ESPN's evaluation :

April, 2009: Peters is an exciting guard that can bring the crowd to its feet when he attacks the rim in transition. He is thin and needs to add strength but is a big time vertical jumper. He is capable of jumping over or around a defender and finish above the rim with ease. He is very quick off the dribble as he slashes to the rim from the wing. He is a good ball handler and passer but he is thinking about elevating and scoring once he gets into the lane. He can knock down the mid range jumper but must work on his being consistent from three. He is a quick hands defender that also applies great ball pressure with his excellent lateral foot speed. Peters is a treat to watch especially in the open court and once he add the three ball to his game his ability to get to the rim will become even more dangerous.

October, 2008: Peters is a quick and very athletic scorer. He is an explosive two foot vertical jumper that finishes above the rim with ease in transition. He slashes and drives the lane both ways with great elevation and concentration on the rim. Peters needs to add strength but is fearless when attacking the rim. He can hang in the air and draw contact to get the old fashioned three point play. Rebound and take coast to coast is also strength of Peters. The only time he doesn't finish plays is when he jumps away from the rim instead of up toward it. He didn't look to take many 3's but he knock down numerous pull up jumpers. Although just 160 pounds he also went into the post and used a quick spin move in the lane to beat his defender. Peters has a scoring mentality and is an attack mode at all times. He also uses his quickness when defending the ball and he has great anticipation in the passing lanes and turns steals into baskets in the blink of an eye.

June, 2008: Brandon is a very athletic combo guard. He is definitely more of a wing right now. If he can develop his point guard skills more he will improve his stock greatly. His kind of athleticism is rare in point guards (though I believe point guards are mostly born, not made). He is an ok shooter with range to 17 feet. His is decent of the bounce and can definitely finish once he gets in the paint. He is capable of being a good defender but is just average at this point. Brandon is a top 200 player in the 2010 class. December, 2007: Brandon Peters is a great athlete who can really get to the rim and finish. He can already make some highlight reel plays. He is also a great on the ball defender and likes to get after it on defense. At the same time, Peters needs to work on becoming more than just an athlete playing basketball. He needs to improve his ball handling and jump-shot. Right now, he really struggles shooting the basketball. If he is going to be a point guard, he also needs to learn how to play with pace and how to get others involved. As a 2010 player, he certainly has time to improve his skill level and he is an athlete that you can't help but take note of.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p...amp;nid=3532107

Even though he doesn't list us....I believe recruits are limited to 5 official visits. (or at least they used to be). So, if he's using an official visit to come to NT....he's definitely interested.

I think your right , it's 5 visits. However this could be a " unofficial " visit ( he pays for it on his own ) since he's not too far away.

That's huge anytime you can get a big-time recruit for a visit. I read somewhere that after we got our invitation to the tournament, supposedly we had a visit from a recruit who was ranked as top 10 in the state. I have no idea how realistic an idea it was that we could even sign him (top 10=he's probably visiting Texas, OU, etc.) but at least it shows that all the wins and hard work are creating a great reputation as a hoops school--that top recruits are indeed interested in your program. With as many games as ya'll have won and a facility like the Super Pit, seems like UNT could compete pretty well in basketball recruiting. I think our new arena will help us as well.

Edited by utamav91

• 2 weeks later...

What are you thoughts on what this 2 man class could look like? Peters and Payne/Willis/Evans?

Would you be comfortable running out a frontcourt of Odufuwa, Hogans, Holman, Spencer, Knox and Shorter for a season if it means landing 2 of the above guards?

What are you thoughts on what this 2 man class could look like? Peters and Payne/Willis/Evans?

Would you be comfortable running out a frontcourt of Odufuwa, Hogans, Holman, Spencer, Knox and Shorter for a season if it means landing 2 of the above guards?

I might be wrong on this, but I think Willis and Payne are off the boards. I think Willis commited to TTU and Payne to Utah State.

I might be wrong on this, but I think Willis and Payne are off the boards. I think Willis commited to TTU and Payne to Utah State.

That is correct, Technically, I guess they aren't totally off the boards until they sign in November.....but they have committed to the places which you mentioned.