I Have Faith In You Nathan Tune

Will to Win

Anyone else think Tune looked completely different from last year?

I don't think it is a stretch to say he has watched Riley enough to understand Todge's intentions, and has made the adjustments necessary to drive this truck. He knows he is not as mobile as Riley, but so does Todd and they will gameplan (I hope?) accordingly.

Best of luck to Nathan! He looked really good Saturday night as a whole. Obviously the mishap with the pick six, but I've heard that the WR ran the wrong route on that play causing the CB to drive on the ball and pick it off instead of running a slant where the CB would have been on his back hip. Nathan will do fine as the team will try to keep the game within reach against the Crimson Tide.

Nathan showed me Saturday night that he was ready to step in and get the job done for the Mean Green. I do not fear a lack of leadership from him going into 'Bama. Good luck, Nathan, we're behind you.

I have plenty of confidence in Nathan Tune as the Mean Green's QB. Yes, he threw the int..too bad, but I prefer to focus on what he did after that int. Great job bringing the Mean Green back and getting UNT in position to win in OT. Riley will be back, but this does give Nathan a chance to get his "feet wet" in a significant way and all the better for the Mean Green for his having the opportunity. The kid can play...so, it's time to get behind Nathan as the starter for as long as he has the job. At this point we will all see how long that is to be this season. I still say UNT comes away with 5-6 wins this season...played well enough Saturday to be 2-0.

GO MEAN GREEN!

as stated by others...after the pick he played well, but a running threat he's not. a plus of his is that he doesn't mind throwing the ball downfield and he's pretty good at it too.

Re-watching the game, I noticed he throws a much tighter spiral than Riley and appears to have the better arm. Mobility is a huge concern, especially in this offense. Also, locking on to his first receiver also may be an issue.

Re-watching the game, I noticed he throws a much tighter spiral than Riley and appears to have the better arm. Mobility is a huge concern, especially in this offense. Also, locking on to his first receiver also may be an issue.

I will agree with you there though. He does have a tighter spiral. Ok, there is one happy Tune we an sing, more of a jig really, but still.

The only Tune the Mean Green will be singing this weekend is the Imperial Death March. ;) After that interception last week I'm not a huge Tune fan. I know it likely wouldn't be a win anyway, but this will just make things worse.

Wow just brutal, so you forget that he threw 2 perfect passes to a certain receiver that would have been TD's and game-winners only to be dropped and have it hit the WR's noggin.

After that interception last week I'm not a huge Tune fan. I know it likely wouldn't be a win anyway, but this will just make things worse.

Riley threw an interception in week 1. It cost us a TD. Tune came in cold off the bench and got one picked off in the weather that we had, and you are non longer ready to completely support him? I thought that he looked good and with a week of getting full reps, he should ready to go for Bama. I feel good knowing that we have a backup QB who can come off the bench and do the things he did.

Nate's passes were sharp and he might have a better deep ball than Riley, but.......

Something in his delivery was cluing the Ohio DB's. The guy that had the INT was moving so fast on the ball that it looked fake. I watched a few highlights on my DVR and noticed a couple other DB's trying to jump the routes.

Hopefully our coaches will pick up on that in film and help him work on that this week.

Nate's passes were sharp and he might have a better deep ball than Riley, but.......

Something in his delivery was cluing the Ohio DB's. The guy that had the INT was moving so fast on the ball that it looked fake. I watched a few highlights on my DVR and noticed a couple other DB's trying to jump the routes.

Hopefully our coaches will pick up on that in film and help him work on that this week.

UNT90 already mentioned it, Nathan wasn't looking off the DBs and they picked up on it very quickly. You can't look at one receiver the entire play and then expect to complete a pass to that same receiver.

The only Tune the Mean Green will be singing this weekend is the Imperial Death March. ;) After that interception last week I'm not a huge Tune fan. I know it likely wouldn't be a win anyway, but this will just make things worse.

Way to pull for the home team! A big inspiration for our boys in uniform! Perhaps TD could have you in for a pregame pep talk!

Hey, RV/TD, I think I found your 2009 football banquet speaker!

Riley threw an interception in week 1. It cost us a TD. Tune came in cold off the bench and got one picked off in the weather that we had, and you are non longer ready to completely support him? I thought that he looked good and with a week of getting full reps, he should ready to go for Bama. I feel good knowing that we have a backup QB who can come off the bench and do the things he did.

I view Tune's interception as much more of a coaching error than a QB error. Coaching staff shouldn't have put a 2nd team QB in that position.

On the other hand, I really wish they would work on pump fake with Tune on an out and up with the receivers. Try to hit the big kid on the block square in the mouth a couple of times right from the get go. Maybe the corners will look at the game tape and try and jump the out.

Now, if the O-line can keep Tune vertical long enough to make this throw...

UNT90 already mentioned it, Nathan wasn't looking off the DBs and they picked up on it very quickly. You can't look at one receiver the entire play and then expect to complete a pass to that same receiver.

Mostly, I think the DB just made a good play on the ball (the pick-6 INT).

After a week of practice / game planning, I think Tune will do fine. I was impressed by his arm strength, and it seems that more than one GMG poster noticed in Spring/Fall drills that Tune throws the best deep ball of all our QB's. Maybe the game plan changes a bit and we stretch the field more with Tune than with Riley.

The running game will be interesting, 'cause Tune really isn't a threat to run. It will be interesting to see how Dodge can get the RB's involved without relying quite so heavy on the QB option read. Riley really freezes the LB's with the option read because they have to respect his ability to run.