Do Ohio Fans Know There Is A Game This Week ?

greenjoe

One of my favorite things to do during football season is to visit the opponent's fan board. Sometimes they're thoughtful, sometimes, they're angry, but always they are fun.

Looking just now at GMG.COM, one would think that the OHIO game is the only game to be played in the nation this week. Of the first 18 topics, almost all of them are discussing this week's game against OHIO. Or, how we did last week and how that should effect this week's game.

Everyone on GMG.COM is talking about OHIO.

Contrast that with a visit to BOBCATATTACK.COM.

On the first page, of all the titles, North Texas is mentioned once. They talk about their QBs, their coaches, even a comment from a UCONN fan. But nothing about NT.

If a stranger were to read GMG, he'd come away believing that this was the biggest game of the year. If he read BOBCATATTACK, he'd think they had an off week.

I'm anxious for our new friends from OHIO to come to Denton. I know they'll be treated well and I know they'll have a good time. But at the same time, a little good-natured banter would certainly add to the days leading up to kick off.

Welcome Bobcats, but

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe

One of my favorite things to do during football season is to visit the opponent's fan board. Sometimes they're thoughtful, sometimes, they're angry, but always they are fun.

Looking just now at GMG.COM, one would think that the OHIO game is the only game to be played in the nation this week. Of the first 18 topics, almost all of them are discussing this week's game against OHIO. Or, how we did last week and how that should effect this week's game.

Everyone on GMG.COM is talking about OHIO.

Contrast that with a visit to BOBCATATTACK.COM.

On the first page, of all the titles, North Texas is mentioned once. They talk about their QBs, their coaches, even a comment from a UCONN fan. But nothing about NT.

If a stranger were to read GMG, he'd come away believing that this was the biggest game of the year. If he read BOBCATATTACK, he'd think they had an off week.

I'm anxious for our new friends from OHIO to come to Denton. I know they'll be treated well and I know they'll have a good time. But at the same time, a little good-natured banter would certainly add to the days leading up to kick off.

Welcome Bobcats, but

GO MEAN GREEN

They don't seem to be an overly active fan board, thats all I can figure anyway.

I have visited their site at least once a day for the last week. I was looking for some discussion that would merit registering to make some posts, but found none. They seem to be very apathetic and disinterested. Two or three of our clan have made good, friendly posts over there and it hasn't led to any exchanges of any kind that I can see. I contrast that with Testicle Tech, who had people willing to swap posts and they seemed very knowledgeable about football. The Ohio folks may be OK but they don't come out to play.

Guest JohnDenver

It makes you wonder if they have another board that is more popular. Maybe BOBCATATTACK.COM is dedicated to their apathetic fans.

It has to be the most well hidden board EVER.

I honestly think we have found the most downtrodden fan base in America.

A lot of apathy. Ohio is playing 1000 miles away from home, they didn't have a great season last year and just opened this season with another loss. Now they play a team that was 1-11 last year, not much for them to be excited about. They remind me somewhat of Texas State. Last weeks game thread against UConn mentioned much of their crowd left just after half. Many students around campus wear Ohio State shirts, they would rather be at Ohio State than Ohio. But they can look forward to having Cal-Poly as a home game next week! :rolleyes:

Edited by NT80

Guest JohnDenver

One member of their board informed us that they are not in fact dead. They are merely football zombies. They can only love the game and team when they are within eye-shot.

Traveling a "1000 miles" or buying the game on the MAC webcast is attainable enough to be excited about the *second* game of the season. If we were 0-1, in a close game to a decent team, I would be salivating at the opportunity to beat up on a 1-11 team. But, apparently they would rather be playing a 12-0 team and getting their 4-8 butts kicked all over the field "1000 miles away."

Either way, I will still be here talking about the upcoming game when our team travels 1000 miles to more than likely, as history tells us, will get their butt kicked in Alabama.

Go Mean Green! There is football tomorrow.

A lot of apathy. Ohio is playing 1000 miles away from home, they didn't have a great season last year and just opened this season with another loss. Now they play a team that was 1-11 last year, not much for them to be excited about. They remind me somewhat of Texas State. Last weeks game thread against UConn mentioned much of their crowd left just after half. Many students around campus wear Ohio State shirts, they would rather be at Ohio State than Ohio. But they can look forward to having Cal-Poly as a home game next week! :rolleyes:

Maybe their team will have the same attitude.