Dallas Texans Vs Dallas Cowboys...kind Of

This will be fun!!!!!!!

The Chiefs "throwback" look will feature helmets with gray facemasks and a Texas-shaped decal with a gold star showing the location of the city of Dallas. Jerseys for the club's "throwback" games will include a patch that honors the AFL's 50th anniversary.

Kansas City will don these replica uniforms when they host the Dallas Cowboys at Arrowhead Stadium and against two AFC West opponents yet to be determined (one home date and one away date).

I remember watching the Dallas Texans first pre-season game. It was held in Abilene and they played the New York Titans (Jets). The Titans coach was Slingling Sammy Baugh , hence the Abilene site. Sammy was from Sweetwater and was a longtime coach at Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene. There were lots of Texas players on both teams, one of my heros Jim Swink from TCU was playing for the Texans.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I was a Dallas Texan fan before I was a Cowboy fan. I knew a lot of the original Texans because a fraternity brother was their business manager and because I wanted Abner Haynes to succeed. Abner sure didn't disappoint as the first AFL Player of the Year.

I attended their first practice at old P.C. Cobb Stadium. There must have been 200 trying to make the roster. That was a great memory and I'm looking forward to the Chiefs-Cowbows game for a little nostalgia.

Some of my best "early" pro football memories revolve around when I was a "member" of the "Dallas Texans Huddle Club" as a youngster. I remember one game in the Cotton Bowl where it was so cold that my Dad actually started a small fire in the stands (yes, he sure did) to help keep us warm, and then one game with so few fans that the team came into the stands to shake our hands! I loved the Texans and wanted them and not the Cowboys to stay in Dallas. When Lamar Hunt lost the coin toss, it was a bad day for me...I recall a Texans/Houston Oilers game going to overtime, I recall the NY Titans and the Boston Pats...man, great days in the Cotton Bowl.

Love the helmet...where in the world did that come from?

Have always had a bit of a soft spot in my heart for the Chiefs knowing they were Lamar's team and were once the Dallas Texans...man, that EJ Holub (spelling) could hit and Abner could run...such great memories.

Some of my best "early" pro football memories revolve around when I was a "member" of the "Dallas Texans Huddle Club" as a youngster. I remember one game in the Cotton Bowl where it was so cold that my Dad actually started a small fire in the stands (yes, he sure did) to help keep us warm, and then one game with so few fans that the team came into the stands to shake our hands! I loved the Texans and wanted them and not the Cowboys to stay in Dallas. When Lamar Hunt lost the coin toss, it was a bad day for me...I recall a Texans/Houston Oilers game going to overtime, I recall the NY Titans and the Boston Pats...man, great days in the Cotton Bowl.

Love the helmet...where in the world did that come from?

Have always had a bit of a soft spot in my heart for the Chiefs knowing they were Lamar's team and were once the Dallas Texans...man, that EJ Holub (spelling) could hit and Abner could run...such great memories.

Does it seem ultra weird to ayone else that the Chiefs will be playig a home game in KC with the outline of the State of Texas on their helmets?? VERY strange.