Question About Ten Commandments

Big piece of bait you lay out there. Fine, I'll take a nibble.

Commandments 1-3 assume that your God is my God and/or that I am subject to your God regardless of what my personal beliefs are. Placing these commandments in a public place (defined, I assume, as US government property) implies that the US government endorses your God as the one. Even if you want to argue that this nation was founded as a Christian nation with the ten commandments as a basis of its law (in which case I think you'd be confusing the time and place of John Winthrop with that of Tom Jefferson), and you say that a majority of Americans believe this, you are bringing manifestation to De Tocqueville's prediction of tyranny of the majority.

Commandment 4 -- p'shaw! Like anybody except the Jews give any credence whatsoever to this one.

Commandment 5 -- I'll be sure to mail that one in to the father who beat the crap out of me and most likely fondled my sister.

Commandment 6 -- God unfortunately forgot to define the meaning of this one.

Commandments 7-9 -- Meh. I'm good with those, with the possible exception of the fully consenting adult participants of the now defunct Cherry Pit.

Commandment 10 -- Dude, have you seen my neighbor's wife!?!?

---Nothing... but if you do like that idiot judge in ALABAMA?? that has them posted on the wall in six inch letters with blinking lights around them and forced people to read them before beginning a trial ...YES..... A lot of folks don't bother to tell you that part.

---Also one guy (maybe same one) had a one ton (or larger) granite rock inscribed with them and placed them near the doorway of the courthouse or his courtroom so that people had to walk around it to get to his courtroom.... that too is wrong. Bet he would have gotten all excited if a statue of Budda or even a Madonna statue had been placed there.

---So many that complain about no religion in schools/government buildings don't really tell what people are objecting to. I have been in public schools and public colleges and having Bible in class has never been a problem... unless they are suddenly deciding to be a evangelists or just sitting there reading and not doing what is expected of them. I have also heard some devotionals that were very slanted to a certain religous belief (usually not main-stream).. Those are a problem. Not every Christian church has the same exact beliefs and some would have been offended by what they heard.... not to mention the Jewish kids or other kids of various beliefs.

--As long as 10-commandments or topics are done in a rather quiet or non-controversial manner**.... no problem. .. but that isn't what these fanatic religious nuts are complaining about. They cause the Christian religion more problem than the atheists or other religious groups. Those rarely complain unless it become TOO obvious or offensive. [blinking lights etc.]

**can be go to Hell for using alcohol, tobacco, birth control ever, biology or geology topics,, or other obvious subjects which I leave to your imagination..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

Wow...Short Circuit, Cocoon and The Bible and he's still broke?

Classics never go out of style:

The Hollywood remake machine is at it again and it would seem that none of our favorite 80’s films are safe. Karate Kid, Footloose and The Breakfast Club were all recently announced as remakes and now we can add Short Circuit to the growing list of iconic 80’s films slated for a remakeover.

http://screenrant.com/short-circuit-remake...ve-pauly-11819/

Classics never go out of style:

The Hollywood remake machine is at it again and it would seem that none of our favorite 80’s films are safe. Karate Kid, Footloose and The Breakfast Club were all recently announced as remakes and now we can add Short Circuit to the growing list of iconic 80’s films slated for a remakeover.

http://screenrant.com/short-circuit-remake...ve-pauly-11819/

The left coast and Hollywood elite are ruining America

It suddenly occurs to me that those who loathe government involvement in just about every other aspect of life cheer on its adamant endorsement and participation in the sphere of religion. If anything, I only want my government involved in the distribution of Boston Creme pies. That'll keep their attention diverted from the pecans.

It suddenly occurs to me that those who loathe government involvement in just about every other aspect of life cheer on its adamant endorsement and participation in the sphere of religion. If anything, I only want my government involved in the distribution of Boston Creme pies. That'll keep their attention diverted from the pecans.

Martha Stewart definition or Urban Dictionary definition?