Any Of Y'all; Favorite Burger Joint?

Hey, not to be naive about Obama and the National Geospatial Agency (yes, as a GIS professional, I'm proud of the geospatial sensitivity), but it just reminded me of this: If you want a great burger, sometimes you just want to go to a hamburger joint. And yes, I'm now realizing I'm hamburger joint challenged, only having gone to Fuddrucker's and the local Whataburger lately. I'd like to get together with the Tasty Greek and Marleta (sp?), and try out a place I've heard of in Deep Ellum called the Twisted Root. Any area burger joint recommendations?

In Denton, Denton County Independent Hamburger Company on the square is the best. In my opinion, it is the best burger the DFW area, and it's been great since I can remember.

In Dallas, Snookie's is good. Very good burger and fries. Uptown Bar & Grill is rated highly but I think it's a little overrated. It's okay, but nothing special. Houston's has a good burger but it's too expensive, although Houston's definitely has the best french fries I've ever had.

Love Snuffers burgers and now there is one in Flower Mound\Highland Village. Not sure if Clydes on main street in Lewisville is still around, Hole in the wall but a great burger! Landmark Grill off 407 in Highland Village\Lewisville serves a bit of everything and their burgers rock.

Edited by UNTnewbie

If you are going down to Deep Ellum, Id say check out The Angry Dog. Excellent. If you are ever travelling, check out Five Guys (not sure where all they have locations) They make the burger after you order it, For your fries, they scoop one order, dump it in your bag, then fill the fry box, and put it in your bag. You Get a huge burger, and 2 orders of fries. It aint healthy, but you get more than your money's worth.

In Denton....Central Grille is great. I eat there at least once a week.

I will second this one. SUMG kept suggesting this one to me, so I checked it out and it has great food, especially the burgers. I am hearing that a place called "Earl's" out on 380 and 720 has a great burger, though I have yet to eat one.

I will second this one. SUMG kept suggesting this one to me, so I checked it out and it has great food, especially the burgers. I am hearing that a place called "Earl's" out on 380 and 720 has a great burger, though I have yet to eat one.

Central Grill is to me the best place in denton...im in arkansas for the summer and i miss central grill.

Yeah, it's bizarre, Earl's is a gas station on 380 across from the trailer park, but they have this giant "VOTED BEST BURGER IN DENTON" billboard...

My choices:

Willie's in Frisco

JC's in McKinney

JG's in Dallas

Jake's in Addison for the giant patio and $2 anything from 3-7p every day

Katz's in Denton

Wingfield's in Oak Cliff

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

Guest JohnDenver

Mooyah's is a very very good burger and fries. That is all they serve..

The original is by my old hood on Park & Tollway. There are a couple other ones now, the former Tin Star location by the Quadrangle and by the Flying Saucer in Addison.

Mooyah's is a very very good burger and fries. That is all they serve..

The original is by my old hood on Park & Tollway. There are a couple other ones now, the former Tin Star location by the Quadrangle and by the Flying Saucer in Addison.

The Mooyah's by the Quadrangle closed. There is now a restaurant called Bella in that space.

Guest JohnDenver

The Mooyah's by the Quadrangle closed. There is now a restaurant called Bella in that space.

I move away and they close... how sad. The owner is a young guy that is trying to turn his grad project into reality.

I move away and they close... how sad. The owner is a young guy that is trying to turn his grad project into reality.

The Chain is still open and they brought in a guy from Freebirds to help them as a chain. I know they are working in Houston because I made the Demo-map. I had their burger at the Beltline and Monfort location, but the double with cheese, lettuce, pickles and tomatoes was kind of small for the price. A regular drink, large fries and the doubled was $14 and change and I was hungry and I ordered a second double for a total of 20 plus bucks. Now original locations seem always to be better and it may have just been a bad day I don't know, but the food tasted good.