Who Had A Better Season?

Side Show Joe

I know we both had awful seasons, but one of them has to labeled the worst in Texas.

I feel we had a better year then smu. Both teams only won one game. We beat Western Kentucky, who is a Bowl Subdivision team, entering the Sun Belt. smu beat Texas State, a Championship Subdivision team.

By this logic, our win was over stronger competition, so smu wins the crown of "Worst Team in Texas" last season. Does anyone see it differently?

They gave up 56 to Rice, we gave up 77. I know this isn't a true indicator of how terrible both schools were, but their awful defense was slightly better than our god-awful defense. SMU has a better head coach and it seems they will pass us up in the talent department very soon.

Edited by Green Guy Bass

c. None of the above

At least our 1 win was less expensive ;)

I just can't wait till SMU's 1st game of the year vs SFA. If the LumberJacKs can pull that one out all hell will break loose over on the Hilltop

I don't think the Lumberjacks will beat SMU...but I wouldn't rule it out. Texas State gave SMU all they could handle before SMU won...after stopping TSU in the red zone three times.

Plus, they were at least competitive in most of their games, where ours were all pretty much over at the end of the 1st qtr.

I agree (as much as i hate to say it). I mean, they would have beat Tulsa if my best friend wouldnt have dropped the ball in the endzone. I don't know what it is, I just don't ever want to see SMU succeed.

I don't know if the adjective better applies in this situation--"better" implies greater quantity or quality of good. I'm not sure either team had any of that last season, with a couple of aberrational games to show that the worst odds eventually turn out in one's favor.

But as far as less crappy, I would have to give SMU the nod for the aforementioned reasons of more competitive games against common opponents, and it was June's first season. But hopefully, SMU will have a sophomore slump next year.

SMU played performed better against better competition all year. We were only close in like 3 games.

That being said, I hate smu. They make me sick. My children will never play with a my-littl-pony and they will never drive a mustang. They are so sorry. I would like to line up the whole school down lower greenville and kick each and every student, faculty, athlete, smu douche, doner, alumni, booster, athletic trainer and equiptment crew, mascot, cheerleaders, dance squad, band members, grounds crew, cafeteria ladies, and the small boy from Cambodia who recieved a smu shirt from a charitable organization in the US, squarely in the groin repeatedly until they vomit from stomach spasms.

That about covers it.

Edited by DirtySavage

SMU played performed better against better competition all year. We were only close in like 3 games.

That being said, I hate smu. They make me sick. My children will never play with a my-littl-pony and they will never drive a mustang. They are so sorry. I would like to line up the whole school down lower greenville and kick each and every student, faculty, athlete, smu douche, doner, alumni, booster, athletic trainer and equiptment crew, mascot, cheerleaders, dance squad, band members, grounds crew, cafeteria ladies, and the small boy from Cambodia who recieved a smu shirt from a charitable organization in the US, squarely in the groin repeatedly until they vomit from stomach spasms.

That about covers it.

C'mon. Be honest. How do you really feel?

That about covers it.

Wow! Mabey it's a good thing we don't play them.