Unt 2009 Season

NCMeanGreen

I don't measure the season in wins and losses or touchdowns allowed vs. touchdowns scores or all that Moneyball statistical crap. Really, it's all about getting out what you put in.

The more good things in the better, so I am predicting 100 good things this season - starting with the 8 so far this offseason!

I don't measure the season in wins and losses or touchdowns allowed vs. touchdowns scores or all that Moneyball statistical crap. Really, it's all about getting out what you put in.

The more good things in the better, so I am predicting 100 good things this season - starting with the 8 so far this offseason!

"Good things" sounds kind of arbitrary and vague. I was thinking about using attaboys.

"Good things" sounds kind of arbitrary and vague. I was thinking about using attaboys.

I think that if we can stay aggressive on our Back Pats and work on the Thumbs Up during spring practice, this season will be better than expected.

We can't lose focus on Warm Fuzzies, though. Remember- it's a game with three phases, and they all matter.

I think that if we can stay aggressive on our Back Pats and work on the Thumbs Up during spring practice, this season will be better than expected.

We can't lose focus on Warm Fuzzies, though. Remember- it's a game with three phases, and they all matter.

I too am not bogged down in wins and losses

Really want to see how each facet of our team grades out.

OK, and I ask this in all seriousness...who the hell is our second-string QB? When RD goes down...and he WILL go down (I have predicted by the fourth game...and I shall owe someone dinner if I am wrong...)...who will take over the reigns?

Oh, I know...TD used to be a QB for a BCS school, right? BRILLIANT!!! But, wait, I bet there is some sort of NCAA rule against that sort of thing, huh??? :ph34r:

OK, and I ask this in all seriousness...who the hell is our second-string QB? When RD goes down...and he WILL go down (I have predicted by the fourth game...and I shall owe someone dinner if I am wrong...)...who will take over the reigns?

Oh, I know...TD used to be a QB for a BCS school, right? BRILLIANT!!! But, wait, I bet there is some sort of NCAA rule against that sort of thing, huh??? :ph34r:

Nathan Tune, or maybe he will be starting what do I know. He did get time last season and scored a TD or 2.

Hickory, ABSOLUTELY NOT!! I have posted before that I fear for Riley's durability BUT I pray that he makes the whole season with nothing worse than a hangnail. If he wins the job, I want him to be able to perform to his physical capabilities...which are CONSIDERABLE. He is gifted and will be the best QB to ever come through this program ... IF he stays healthy. I think our O-Line is coming around and will be able to protect him better than they were able to protect Gio.

I swear, sometimes it feels like people are rooting for Rodge to get hurt. I know that no one would do that but....... sometimes it just feels that way....

People wouldn't talk about his fragility if there wasn't a track record of injury. I am just not sure how great the kid is. I fear the bang to hype ratio might be out of whack.

People wouldn't talk about his fragility if there wasn't a track record of injury. I am just not sure how great the kid is. I fear the bang to hype ratio might be out of whack.

Well, I guess we're going to find out.

...IF coaches are willing to make the types of adjustments to the game plan as it appears they were willing to make for the first time on the recruiting plan, then we could really have an exciting season. May not translate to wins, but I'd LOVE to have the 2007 again - not many wins, but we saw some real tight games and a future. Anything beyond that will be gravy.

Here's mine:

planerd3.th.jpg

GO MEAN GREEN!!! :)

Funny. I think this team will be having a GREAT season if they win 3 games next year. I am afraid the offense could actually be worse this coming year with a freshman QB prone to injury, not to mention undersized, and the lack of WR experience. See also Tasty's writeup on this at: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45487