I'm Looking For The Original Scrappy

greenjoe

Does anyone remember the old Scrappy ? I've seen it on a decal, ball cap, and sweatshirt, but not in a long time.

This was the Scrappy wearing a North Texas shirt (I think I'm right) with arms (wings ?) and legs crossed with a "I'm gonna get you sucka" look on his face.

I'd appreciate anyone posting old Scrappy here.

GO MEAN GREEN

Thanks Green P.

Well, I was wrong about the arms/wings and legs folded.

But I was correct about the look in his eyes.

I was cleaning out a closet at home and ran across an clipboard (wooden, of course) that I used in college. It has the old Scrappy decals on both upper corners of the board. Same Scrappy that Green P1 posted but in color. Always my favorite Scrappy.

Thanks Green P.

Well, I was wrong about the arms/wings and legs folded.

But I was correct about the look in his eyes.

Those pics are of wimpy Scrappy. There was another cartoon Scrappy decal used with NTSU with muscles and wings folded and a serious-attitude look on his face. It's much better; if I can find a pic of it I'll post it.

I have a cup with the barrell chested walking Eagle on it. There is an interlocking NT on his shirt. I have seen the same character on some clip art pages with other schools names on it's chest.

According to a very reliable source (GEO), the "Scrappy" that I use for my avatar (and the one Deep has posted in color) is an original work of art created for North Texas by the legendary sports artist/illustrator Bill McClannahan who regularly drew the SWC mascot cartoons for the Dallas Morning News http://thompsonian.info/swc-1969-yearbook-cartoon.JPG Regardless of how you feel about the image, there is no other Scrappy like ours!

As I have said to many people, my (actually our) Scrappy is not physically imposing, but he just oozes ATTITUDE. It's my goal to get his image on a T-shirt and/or jacket with my first signiture line under him I DIDN'T COME HERE TO LOSE.

Again, he's not physically imposing, but neither is R. Lee Ermey http://www.rleeermey.com/

But you don't want to mess with either one. :angry:

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL SCRAPPY!

Edited by SilverEagle

I have a cup with the barrell chested walking Eagle on it. There is an interlocking NT on his shirt. I have seen the same character on some clip art pages with other schools names on it's chest.

According to a very reliable source (GEO), the "Scrappy" that I use for my avatar (and the one Deep has posted in color) is an original work of art created for North Texas by the legendary sports artist/illustrator Bill McClannahan who regularly drew the SWC mascot cartoons for the Dallas Morning News http://thompsonian.info/swc-1969-yearbook-cartoon.JPG Regardless of how you feel about the image, there is no other Scrappy like ours!

As I have said to many people, my (actually our) Scrappy is not physically imposing, but he just oozes ATTITUDE. It's my goal to get his image on a T-shirt and/or jacket with my first signiture line under him I DIDN'T COME HERE TO LOSE.

Again, he's not physically imposing, but neither is R. Lee Ermey http://www.rleeermey.com/

But you don't want to mess with either one. :angry:

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL SCRAPPY!

Excellent SilverEagle!

Again, he's not physically imposing, but neither is R. Lee Ermey

boogerscrappybobbleheads_500x375.jpg

What is that Private Booger !? ?

Sir, a jelly donut, sir !

A Jelly donut !

Sir, yes sir !

How did it get here ?

Sir, I took it from the cafeteria, sir !

Is food allowed in the locker room Private Booger ?

Sir, no sir !

Are you allowed to eat jelly donuts, Private Booger ?

Sir, no sir !

And why not Private Booger ?

Sir, because I'm too heavy, sir !

Because you are disgusting fatbody, Private Booger !

Sir, yes sir !

Then why did you hide a jelly donut in your locker, Private Booger ?

Sir, because I was hungry, sir !

Because you were hungry.
Edited by Texas Stranger