DALLAS -- Whenever Sean Avery is ready to return to the NHL, it won't be with the Dallas Stars.

The combative forward was eligible to return from a six-game suspension Sunday, but the Stars instead announced Avery will not rejoin the team -- ever.

"You have to do what's right for both parties, and that's what we're really trying to do," co-general manager Brett Hull said.

Sucks but I think it was necessary...he wasn't meshing from the get go

They panicked and signed him after they lost out on acquiring Campbell, Boyle and Redden - even when he wasn't needed on the roster and they could have continued to look for ways to acquire puck-moving defensemen with cap space during the season. This should cost Hull his job.

• Downvote 1

I completely agree with Quoner. This signing should really jeopardize his job but historically Tom Hicks is pretty loyal to his GM's and front office people. I thought after the Detroit series what they needed was speed and athleticism. Dallas just seemed overmatched in that level which made Dallas look very silly alot in the WCF last year. At this point, I can't say that Avery is the reason why the Stars suck so far this year as I think the age of this core is finally kicking in and catching up to them. I think they need to really start looking to rebuild and get more speedy and athletic.

DALLAS -- Whenever Sean Avery is ready to return to the NHL, it won't be with the Dallas Stars.

The combative forward was eligible to return from a six-game suspension Sunday, but the Stars instead announced Avery will not rejoin the team -- ever.

"You have to do what's right for both parties, and that's what we're really trying to do," co-general manager Brett Hull said.

GOOD RIDDANCE !!!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

Yup can't agree more.

Turns out this Avery is a complete tool! I wonder if a team will be stupid enough to pick this douche up?

Doubt it...most GM's realize that when douchebags sign big contrcts with New York teams that they do so to go there and die...

See Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens, Moises Alou, Stephon Marbury, Plaxico Burress, Cory Lidle, Jaromir Jagr, Eddy Curry, Tim Thomas, R.W. McQuarters...

Doubt it...most GM's realize that when douchebags sign big contrcts with New York teams that they do so to go there and die...

See Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens, Moises Alou, Stephon Marbury, Plaxico Burress, Cory Lidle, Jaromir Jagr, Eddy Curry, Tim Thomas, R.W. McQuarters...

Lidle? What, no room for Thurman Munson?

• Downvote 1