dodgefan

So, already we have folks on this board predicting "all losses" in our OCC games for next season. WOW! Hard to believe folks have that much "negativity" going on in their lives...sorry, but this is no time to be so darn negative. WHY? Why do folks continue to see only negative in things? I really question that attitude, and I do believe it is one of the reasons UNT gets such little "respect" within its alumni base when compared to otjher universities of comparable size and status. Folks, it's time to stop all the negative crap and see if we can't come together as a MEAN GREEN NATION and try to pump some positive attitude into this program from it's fan base. If I were a member of the athletic dept. or the team, I would really start to question if the "fan base" is at all behind the program.

Come on...I am not sticking my head in the sand regarding all the challenes the program faces, nor am I always drinking the kool-aid, as it were, but, it is a good bit more fun to find some positive to look at going forward...such as:

New Stadium Program

A bunch of young players with one more year of experience

A Coach who is working hard to improve the program

An AD who have proven that he will deliver on promises made

A growing...yes growing...fan base

Increased media exposure

The knowledge that things need to change to get better...and the willingness to do something about it...yes, I do think that is true...

A schedule that is less and less full of early season "money games"

ETC., ETC.

See you at the game today! GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

So, already we have folks on this board predicting "all losses" in our OCC games for next season. WOW! Hard to believe folks have that much "negativity" going on in their lives...sorry, but this is no time to be so darn negative. WHY? Why do folks continue to see only negative in things? I really question that attitude, and I do believe it is one of the reasons UNT gets such little "respect" within its alumni base when compared to otjher universities of comparable size and status. Folks, it's time to stop all the negative crap and see if we can't come together as a MEAN GREEN NATION and try to pump some positive attitude into this program from it's fan base. If I were a member of the athletic dept. or the team, I would really start to question if the "fan base" is at all behind the program.

So by "all losses" you mean, 'all wins?' And by "negativity" you mean 'positive?' and by you are using "respect" as a euphemism for what, exactly?

Translation: quotation marks aren't used for emphasis by people who know what they are doing. The "blog" of.. .quotation marks.

A-hole-ness aside,

Here is what I think.

CliffNotes version: 2009 depends on this offseason, and we should take full advantage of the time we have.

Edited by aztecskin

So, already we have folks on this board predicting "all losses" in our OCC games for next season. WOW! Hard to believe folks have that much "negativity" going on in their lives...sorry, but this is no time to be so darn negative. WHY?

it is called reality. 1-11 team faces two 12-0 teams on the road. how is that negative

Come on...I am not sticking my head in the sand regarding all the challenes the program faces, nor am I always drinking the kool-aid, as it were, but, it is a good bit more fun to find some positive to look at going forward...such as:

See you at the game today! GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

Call it being negative, but most of us are just calling what we see. And we haven't seen much in the way of improvement, with the exception of occasional glimpses of DeLoach's influence.

A bunch of young players with one more year of experience that have not shown me anything to believe we can win consistently (God bless them, I hope they change that)

A Coach who is working hard to improve the program that didn't show much in the way of improvement his second go round

An AD who have proven that he will deliver on promises made. he can't promise wins, can he?

A growing...yes growing...fan base. pretty much not related to on-the-field woes

Increased media exposure. ditto above

The knowledge that things need to change to get better...and the willingness to do something about it...yes, I do think that is true...I saw a TE YAY

A schedule that is less and less full of early season "money games". How about 4 rematches with WK?

So, already we have folks on this board predicting "all losses" in our OCC games for next season. WOW!

You have been watching a different team I suppose. But in all reality, if watching this team this season is minute improvement from game 1 to game 12, then I suppose we could go 1-11, 2-10 every year and you would think things were fine. Call me negative all you want, but this team regressed from year 1 to year 2 so much that on the road against two undefeateds (at this point) don't give me much hope.