Ok Where Are All The Anti Greeks(re-vote)...............

MeanGreenSig

I read a knee jerk thread last week trying to blame the impending loss of the vote on the apathetic greeks.

There is NO WAY this passed by such a margin if the greeks did not vote YES.

Waiting for apologies to the greek system.

Very punkish to call out so many people when you where obviously making S&^% up

MGS

I read a knee jerk thread last week trying to blame the impending loss of the vote on the apathetic greeks.

MGS

I'll scratch the inside of your palm any day.

Over under on 7 responses before Tasty adds his usual Greek contribution. I say under.

Edited by Censored by Laurie

MGS

If you're bowing up for a fight, broseph, I know a guy on this board named Jesse who can totally take you down, bra...

The person who made the initial comments is a member of a fraternity.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.ph...=43681&st=0

I responded with a hostile comment directed toward Greeks who did not vote. I was also a proud member of a fraternity while at UNT.

Some others chimed in with their dislike of Greeks in general. It had nothing to do with the vote one way or the other, so there's not much you can do about them.

I stand by my comments. The Greeks are expected to provide campus leadership--when they fail to step up and be counted when a major campus vote comes around, why should they still be counted as leaders on campus?

Check my comments. I asked where the f--- the leadership was if they couldn't even get the Greeks to vote. That's in no way anti-Greek.

Flyer got about 2,000 on his facebook page, though that may have included some Greeks.

There are about 350+/- students directly involved in Athletics/Club Sports.

That leaves about 450 for Housing and Greeks combined, again, not counting crossover with the previous 2 groups.

All of this points to a very likely LOW Greek turnout.

A good indicator: how many votes did the IFC/PH candidates get for Homecoming? Add in any NPHC votes if they had a candidate. Subtract about 10-20% for students who didn't know who any of the people were and voted randomly, and that's your Greek vote.

Odd, too. With lower turnout, Greeks vote in greater numbers. There's finally a big-ass turnout, and quite a few Greeks, based on accounts from posters here, missed the boat.

Check my comments. I asked where the f--- the leadership was if they couldn't even get the Greeks to vote. That's in no way anti-Greek.

Flyer got about 2,000 on his facebook page, though that may have included some Greeks.

There are about 350+/- students directly involved in Athletics/Club Sports.

That leaves about 450 for Housing and Greeks combined, again, not counting crossover with the previous 2 groups.

All of this points to a very likely LOW Greek turnout.

A good indicator: how many votes did the IFC/PH candidates get for Homecoming? Add in any NPHC votes if they had a candidate. Subtract about 10-20% for students who didn't know who any of the people were and voted randomly, and that's your Greek vote.

Odd, too. With lower turnout, Greeks vote in greater numbers. There's finally a big-ass turnout, and quite a few Greeks, based on accounts from posters here, missed the boat.

I call BS on your theories show me real numbers from the SGA if they release or know em, not the ones you have dreamed up. Your opinion only

Anyway the anti-greek crowd always cracks me up-full of assumptions and ignorance

I as a greek have no problem with any non-greek. Too each is own. This IMHO make the anti crowd look very petty

Once again:

............................................________

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

I call BS on your theories show me real numbers from the SGA if they release or know em, not the ones you have dreamed up. Your opinion only

Anyway the anti-greek crowd always cracks me up-full of assumptions and ignorance

I as a greek have no problem with any non-greek. Too each is own. This IMHO make the anti crowd look very petty

As a greek alumnus, I'm going to give you some advice. When arguing for your organization or the Greek community at large, you may want to present yourself in a more civil manner. Being combative with critics isn't going to gain you any converts; it will only serve to enforce their "assumptions and ignorance". Lead by example, be upstanding, and be the guy who can give coherent answers when people ask about the benefits of joining a Greek organization.

Oldguystudent

P.S. You might want to advise your sig brothers to stop coming to marketing class hungover and wreaking of booze while wearing letters. That doesn't do much for public perception either.

Edited by oldguystudent

You said the same thing I did and are using that to call BS? Read more carefully. I said a better indicator was to use the # of votes for Greek Homecoming candidates, plus or minus a bit depending on the "random voter" crowd. If the Greeks are in the Homecoming Court like usual, we won't know exact vote tallies until after the halftime show, because they don't give away the surprise of who won.

As for theories...what theory did I propose? I don't see any there...we all know the approximate numbers of Flyer's facebook group and people involved with campus athletics, as well as the number of "yes" votes. Simple addition and subtraction isn't a theory when last I checked. The only theoretical part was pointing out that some Facebook, Housing, Greek, and Athletic voters may fall into more than one category...and that's more of an observation than a theory.

Listen up A-Holes...... Greeks Rule. Anyone who feels otherwise is just a jealous little d-bag. Your welcome for that little stadium we decided to give you losers. Why don't all you haters put down your coffee and books and apologize right f-ing now.

Edited by Green P1

This board gives me ulcers.

I am pretty sure this path ends with me burying you under one of the endzones of the new stadium.

We could talk basketball instead...hmmm...what might be a good conversation starter...

Until then its nothing but full bore mouni...