Master Plan

andrewrozell

Per page 70. New structures coming to a Mean Green campus near you.

Football Stadium

New Visitor Center building.

Art Expansion building.

College of Business building.

3 Science expansion buildings.

7 or 8 future housing buildings..ie Dorms.

4 Academic buildings.

An Opera House building.

3 New Parking Garages.

And I noticed in every map of the PDF that the Bonfire Pond remains?

Rick

By the way, if any of you have not had the opportunity to look at this, I highly recommend it. It discusses all of the future plans for the campus, including athetics, building construction, creation of parks and gathering areas, etc.

If this document doesn't get you excited about what is going at the University of North Texas, I'm not sure what will.

It's required. I believe it is an "Official Drainage Pond" or something to that effect.

Construction projects of this magnitude could include re-routing a watershed or below ground water supply almost anywhere. I thought someone posted the lake would probably go away. I was disappointed to hear that. It seems a like a great idea for the coplex.

Construction projects of this magnitude could include re-routing a watershed or below ground water supply almost anywhere. I thought someone posted the lake would probably go away. I was disappointed to hear that. It seems a like a great idea for the coplex.

This could be to our benefit.

Imagine that the drainage was rerouted to the lower area between the railroad tracks and I-35W, and Bonnie Brea was then sent the same route but rejoining the current Bonnie Brae path south of the athletic village.

That would take 'through-traffic' out of the Mean Green Village which would help incorporate the whole area instead of being divided as it is, eliminating the throughway would allow for significantly more parking, free local residents from having to go through a 20 mph school zone, and it would also enable restaurants to build along that valuable frontage property that faces the interstate.

That would take 'through-traffic' out of the Mean Green Village which would help incorporate the whole area instead of being divided as it is, eliminating the throughway would allow for significantly more parking, free local residents from having to go through a 20 mph school zone, and it would also enable restaurants to build along that valuable frontage property that faces the interstate.

That's an interesting idea, but I don't think there is a frontage road on that part of I35W.

That's an interesting idea, but I don't think there is a frontage road on that part of I35W.
But there is also a railroad track right behind the MG Village which might derail that idea (pun intended!).

That's the whole point.

Bonnie Brea already crosses the railroad track, just on the southern side of the Mean Green Village. Reroute it so it crosses the railroad track NORTH of the Mean Green Village and runs on the other side of the railroad tracks behind the baseball, softball, and soccer facilities. That frontage property over there is otherwise landlocked because no entrance or exit ramps can be put there for a frontage road.

If the athletic department were to own that property, it could garner additional revenue by controlling the commercial contracts of any restaurants.

Remeber, there is going to be a HUGE office/warehouse complex built accross I-35W in the near future. Plan now with infrastructure to profit later.

That's the whole point.

Bonnie Brea already crosses the railroad track, just on the southern side of the Mean Green Village. Reroute it so it crosses the railroad track NORTH of the Mean Green Village and runs on the other side of the railroad tracks behind the baseball, softball, and soccer facilities. That frontage property over there is otherwise landlocked because no entrance or exit ramps can be put there for a frontage road.

If the athletic department were to own that property, it could garner additional revenue by controlling the commercial contracts of any restaurants.

Remeber, there is going to be a HUGE office/warehouse complex built accross I-35W in the near future. Plan now with infrastructure to profit later.

Very interesting.

Rick