We Lost By 12!

emmitt01

wtf is up with our 1st halfs? Is it just that the team tries to go up early so much they they force throws, and think too hard? I just don't know if they are going into the game in the right mental state... they kind of settle into it.

One thing is for sure, there is so much more potential than is what is being shown.

wtf is up with our 1st halfs? Is it just that the team tries to go up early so much they they force throws, and think too hard? I just don't know if they are going into the game in the right mental state... they kind of settle into it.

One thing is for sure, there is so much more potential than is what is being shown.

Great question. Down 35 to 6, that game was over at the break. When you are down 35-3, late in the first half, what is the point in kicking a field goal?

I'll take the first half goofups over the second half letdowns--and flat-out quitting--any day.

Well shall see what happens next week, because I am afraid what happened tonight is we played a very bad team, whose one win was over a D1AA school. We beat this team last year, and then lose to them this year, and they are far worse this year than last.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Well shall see what happens next week, because I am afraid what happened tonight is we played a very bad team, whose one win was over a D1AA school. We beat this team last year, and then lose to them this year, and they are far worse this year than last.

If you revisited ULM's schedule and results this season, I don't think you'd say that. They could could easily be a 4-2 or better team. Nonetheless, I agree that things have not been good since Dodge took over.

The first half of this game was horrible. Monroe lit us up in the first half but they committed a lot of stupid penalties in the second half and we ended up capitalizing pretty well on their mistakes. It still seems like we're afraid of the endzone for some reason. ULM has a great area for tailgating though, and boy did I enjoy the sight line in their stadium, I can't wait for the new UNT stadium to be built now!

Anyway, I had a good time despite the loss. Met Nathan Tunes' dad, nice guy.

Edited by GabeGMG

Here's the most encouraging part for me. Deloach used to be known for a stingy defense that would go into half time, make adjustments, and greeatly reduce the other teams offense in teh 2nd half. We just held a team to zero points in the 2nd half?

Is this the start of a new Deloach era? Is the defense FINALLY coming around?

Or is ULM just not any good in the 2nd half?

Hey we are scoring more points each week... that's improvement isn't it?