Kat Deluna Singing National Anthem

Kinda makes ya want to turn down the lights, invite a lady friend or two over, break out some Courvoisier, and pay respects to our country.

Yup... a little Marvin and Courvoisier and you're going to get lucky... I don't care if he's singin' "Row Row Row Your Boat".

Edited by yyz28

In regards to her rendition...all I can say is "Where the hell was George Teague when you needed him?".

That said, if you're gonna mess with The Star-Spangled Banner...do it right.

QRvVzaQ6i8A&hl

Kinda makes ya want to turn down the lights, invite a lady friend or two over, break out some Courvoisier, and pay respects to our country.

Yeah...but Marvin Gaye was no fly-by-night pop singer. He's a legend, no doubt about it. DeLuna is just a flash in the pan comparison.

I agree...that was AWFUL! Why do folks think they need to screw with the anthem? It is fine as it is...sing it correctly!!!! And, who in sam hill is Kat Deluna???? I am really tired of folks wanting to sing the national anthem in some "original" manner. The vast majority of the time it SUCKS when they mess with it.

AND, who the heck picked Kat Deluna??? Was there even an audition???? GOOD GRIEF!!!! BAD...very bad!

As I told this board recently, Denton is full of music critics, who will rightly criticize a bad performance without mercy!

The best version of the National Anthem is by our own Green Brigade. I've heard the Aggie Band, the Marine Corp Band, the L.S.U. Band, and the J. Giles Band, and no one can touch the Green Brigade.

"But you can't have a full blown band at a basketball game," you say. And that's just a shame.

The whole Green Brigade has only performed at two basketball games from what I can remember. The first time was early 80's and they saluted the Drum Line which had just won a national contest with I believe Michigan being the runner-up. The whole Brigade played Fleetwood Mac's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv5UvVaIxRY. It was incredible, with the drums pounding and the Brigade singing the "just tell me that you love me!" and "tusk!" lines. It was far better than the the original version and created an electric atmosphere.

The second time was about ten years later and the Brigade performed Kansas' "Carry On My Wayward Son" which was later on the Green Brigades album. It was amazing to have that in the Super Pit; the solo performances in the song would hit a peak and then the whole band would reply like thunder. I lost that CD at one of the tailgate parties and would love to get another copy.

What would it take to get the whole Green Brigade to perform this season's Bohemian Rhapsody show at halftime of the Saturday, December 6, 2008 basketball game against New Mexico State? It would be absolutely amazing.

9dEgVe1QJ94

There is just no comparing this Fouts Field performance with how powerful it would be in the Super Pit.

Edited by ADLER

A nobody! And, after that performanace she needs to stay that way! :angry: Maybe she can start dating Josh Howard and they can marry so they won't screw up two other people! A pair of idiots...they need each other!

btw, who the heck is Kat DeLuna?

She went back from The Bronx, US to the Dominican Republic, where she spent her time listening to Aretha Franklin and became interested in becoming a singer. At the age of 12, Kat was invited by the 'Queen of Merengue', Milly Quezada, to sing with her on stage. In her freshman year, she responded to an audition in The Village Voice and was accepted into an all-Latina, Hip Hop/R&B group called Swallower.

wiki

Edited by greenminer