Riley Will Be Starting Qb By Conference Play

MeanGreenZen

Todge's master plan to insert his son as the starting QB is beginning to unfold. This week Riley's redshirt was burned when he was inserted into the game as a slot receiver. This is a good way to introduce Riley to the speed of the Division IA game. In the next few games Riley may see a series or two at QB. By the time we open the Sun Belt, the Vizza era will be over. I can't wait.

Edited by MG Insurance Pro

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Todge's master plan to insert his son as the starting QB is beginning to unfold. This week Riley's redshirt was burned when he was inserted into the game as a slot receiver. This is a good way to introduce Riley to the speed of the Division IA game. In the next few games Riley may see a series or two at QB. By the time we open the Sun Belt, the Vizza era will be over. I can't wait.

This was my initial thought when I first saw him on the field. I can't agree with the timing (I would have liked to see him redshirt all year), but since the redshirt is off - go for it.

I don't see it happening, plus we looked shitty at all aspects of the game tonight! If Riley is put in as QB I would expect major exodus on the offense.

Why would there be sarcasm? It is time for some Riley Dodge at quarterback for North Texas. Or do you enjoy getting beat by 30 points every week?

Peyton Manning can be out there with that team and they would still lose by 30. They are getting outplayed, out hustled, out smarted and most of all....most of all NT is getting outcoached in a very embarassing way. Its time to look at what TD has done and have him accountable.

Riley would be a HUGE mistake at QB...he is too small, and Vizza is our best option right now...Riley being a true freshman regardless of "knowledge" of dad's offense, sets us back 2 seasons.

This decision could kill Todd Dodge's career in college football. His son is a WR.

How do you all like these hot sports opinions?

Peyton Manning can be out there with that team and they would still lose by 30. They are getting outplayed, out hustled, out smarted and most of all....most of all NT is getting outcoached in a very embarassing way. Its time to look at what TD has done and have him accountable.

I have to agree sadly, I expected more.

Why would there be sarcasm? It is time for some Riley Dodge at quarterback for North Texas. Or do you enjoy getting beat by 30 points every week?

Yeah, Riley at QB probably would have kept it under 30. 56-31 would have been so much better.

Yeah, it's time to insert another true freshman. Time to throw away Giovanni Vizza. Time to discard him in just his sophomore year.

Time to look to today, because who cares about tomorrow.

Wow! Really??? Since when does the offense keep the opposing team from scoring??? I think maybe you should let your frustration fizzle out before you post such things.

Wow! Really??? Since when does the offense keep the opposing team from scoring??? I think maybe you should let your frustration fizzle out before you post such things.

Not to stir the pot, but the offense can keep the opposing team from scoring by keeping the other offense off the field. In the spread offense, time of possession is always a problem, but an effective offense wouldn't turn it over as quickly. Also they could score a few more times and keep it a close game. I don't necessarily agree with throwing Riley in there, but I'm just saying that a good offense can help.

Edited by MarkCiz

Peyton Manning can be out there with that team and they would still lose by 30. .

Yes, because Peyton Manning and Tom Brady had nothing to do with their teams winning Super Bowls. It was probably just a coincidence that Vince Young was UT's quarterback when the Longhorns won the national title. And Missouri being good this year has nothing to do with Chase Daniel. Since some of you are having a hard time detecting sarcasm. That was sarcasm.

I'm voting for a Dodge/Dodge ticket in '08. Time for CHANGE.

Not to stir the pot, but the offense can keep the opposing team from scoring by keeping the other offense off the field. In the spread offense, time of possession is always a problem, but an effective offense wouldn't turn it over as quickly. Also they could score a few more times and keep it a close game. I don't necessarily agree with throwing Riley in there, but I'm just saying that a good offense can help.

True, but why can we not point the finger at the DEFENSE. They were awful tonight. At the end of the game, 26 points isn't half bad. Does anybody know how many total possessions Tulsa had compared to how many possessions they scored on? I'm sure it is a terrible ratio. I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but I don't think you can mostly blame Vizza.

True, but why can we not point the finger at the DEFENSE. They were awful tonight. At the end of the game, 26 points isn't half bad. Does anybody know how many total possessions Tulsa had compared to how many possessions they scored on? I'm sure it is a terrible ratio. I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but I don't think you can mostly blame Vizza.

I agree with you about pointing fingers at the defense. I just wanted to counter the point about our offense having no effect on the other offense. Vizza did FINE tonight! I saw some improvement and more composure as compared to last year.

While I agree with your points to an extent...after scoring the 1st touchdown the offense was non existent until it was already getting blown out. I realize that the defense is god awful too...infact its unwatchable. Lets just all agree that the whole collection of this whole thing from top to bottom is pretty much crappy at this point. I am hoping for a miracle turnaround...tho highly unlikely.

It's hard to believe that we actually have fans who look at Todd Dodge's first 14 games, particularly the last two, and come to the conclusion that the problem is at QB. Just amazingly short-sighted.

The biggest problem is the defense, but that is not fixable until Todd Dodge can recruit some real D1 defensive linemen who know how to spell and can actually get in to UNT and stay eligible. No help is coming for the defense this year. The offense has sucked so far, too. Riley has more upside than Vizza. Riley will be replacing Vizza within the next two years anyway. Why not let Riley go through his growing pains this year when we are going to suck anyway because of the worst defense ever?