Don't Forget Coaches Show Tonight At

Harry

The second Todd Dodge show of the year airs tonight from the Pourhouse at 6:30 p.m. The hour-long show will feature George Dunham along with North Texas head football coach Todd Dodge as they preview the Mean Green’s game season opener against Kansas State. I would like to see a good GoMeanGreen.com contingent there!

A live microphone will be available for fans to ask questions and prizes will also be given away at the show. The Pourhouse is located at 3350 Unicorn Lake Blvd in Denton. A link to a map is directly below. Make sure and come hungry and thirsty. They have awesome food and cold beer!!! Also, if you have kids feel free to bring them, it is very family friendly!

http://pourhousegrill.com/location.shtml

Dodge hinted about a new conference.

You're teasing people.

Someone simply asked about his opinion of a regional conference, and he expressed his own opinion that a regional one would be great, including Rice, UTEP, Houston, SMU, some Louisiana schools, etc.

Nothing official about a shift or re-alignment.

Did I not hear this correctly?

You're teasing people.

Someone simply asked about his opinion of a regional conference, and he expressed his own opinion that a regional one would be great, including Rice, UTEP, Houston, SMU, some Louisiana schools, etc.

Nothing official about a shift or re-alignment.

Did I not hear this correctly?

You heard right. Someone asked what he thought about all the travel. He simply said that ideally our schedule/conference would consist of more regional foes. There was absolutely no hint of a new conference.

You heard right. Someone asked what he thought about all the travel. He simply said that ideally our schedule/conference would consist of more regional foes. There was absolutely no hint of a new conference.

Then you missed the question before. Here's how it went (and I'm paraphrasing):

Student: After we go 12-0 and compete for a National Championship <_< , what do you think of moving to a better conference?

Dodge: We have 5 conferences in Texas. I'd like to see more common sense in conference alignment. We got SMU taveling to East Carolina for a conference game and we got North Texas traveling to Boca Raton, FL for a conference game, yet these schools are just 20 miles apart.

(Then later on)

Dodge: I'd like to see more common sense in conference alignment where we can play teams like SMU, Houston, Rice, TCU...

Again, I'm paraphrasing, but Dodge did talk about conference alignment and how it needs to make more sense.

Then you missed the question before. Here's how it went (and I'm paraphrasing):

Student: After we go 12-0 and compete for a National Championship <_< , what do you think of moving to a better conference?

Dodge: We have 5 conferences in Texas. I'd like to see more common sense in conference alignment. We got SMU taveling to East Carolina for a conference game and we got North Texas traveling to Boca Raton, FL for a conference game, yet these schools are just 20 miles apart.

(Then later on)

Dodge: I'd like to see more common sense in conference alignment where we can play teams like SMU, Houston, Rice, TCU...

Again, I'm paraphrasing, but Dodge did talk about conference alignment and how it needs to make more sense.

This was exactly what I heard as well. In your previous posted you said he hinted about wanting to move to a new conference. All he did was ramble on how nice it would be to play in a pipe dream conference featuring all local teams.

This was exactly what I heard as well. In your previous posted you said he hinted about wanting to move to a new conference. All he did was ramble on how nice it would be to play in a pipe dream conference featuring all local teams.

I'm sorry, when I said "new conference" I meant moving to "another" conference... as in perhaps C-USA... at least, that's the way I interpreted what Coach said.