Greg Garden...no Longer With The Mean Green

NCMeanGreen

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

Has he really ever played for us anyway? Seems we have other pretty decent DB's to play...I do not see how this hurts us, other than it does seem like a lot of players have left this program since Dodge has arrived. May be nothing (normal), though...

Has he really ever played for us anyway? Seems we have other pretty decent DB's to play...I do not see how this hurts us, other than it does seem like a lot of players have left this program since Dodge has arrived. May be nothing (normal), though...

It never shocks me really when players that come here after transferring from another school, leave.

Greg hasn't played for us...at all. He sat out last year after transferring from The Naval Academy.

It's a shame...we had two really good transfers and neither one will be playing for us: Fentriss (career ending injury) and Garden (left the team).

How's that?

APR is calculated based on the eligibility, retention and graduation of scholarship athletes. This determines the overall APR score, if it is not 925 or above; the school is subject to penalties. If a school has a score less than 925, than losing scholarship athletes due to academically ineligibility can subject schools to penalties up to 10% of maximum scholarships.

Thus losing athletes that are in good academic standings will reduce NT APR scores and the likelihood that NT will get above the penalty threshold. However, if NT does not score at least 925, the lost of academic eligible players will not further decrease scholarships limits.

APR is calculated based on the eligibility, retention and graduation of scholarship athletes. This determines the overall APR score, if it is not 925 or above; the school is subject to penalties. If a school has a score less than 925, than losing scholarship athletes due to academically ineligibility can subject schools to penalties up to 10% of maximum scholarships.

Thus losing athletes that are in good academic standings will reduce NT APR scores and the likelihood that NT will get above the penalty threshold. However, if NT does not score at least 925, the lost of academic eligible players will not further decrease scholarships limits.

Understood, but losing academically eligible players is not what got us in to this situation in the first place, losing uneligible players did. Garden, it appears, is a good student and was in good standing.

I would think that Garden looked at the numbers and wondered where playing time was going to come from. There are roughly 15 or 16 DB's on the roster with TD bringing in quite a few with his first few recruiting classes. I know it is not popular, but I would assume that TD has a better feel for these players than the ones he inherited. Doesn't make it right or make him popular, but I understand his position too. Coaching is all about winning, and I would think that you would want to take the field with the players you recruited for your system.

Edited by UNTLifer

I would think that Garden look at the numbers and wondered where playing time was going to come from. There are roughly 15 or 16 DB's on the roster with TD bringing in quite a few with his first few recruiting classes. I know it is not popular, but I would assume that TD has a better feel for these players than the ones he inherited. Doesn't make it right or make him popular, but I understand his position too. Coaching is all about winning, and I would think that you would want to take the field with the players you recruited for your system.

Did Dickey recruit Garden?

i always see the recruiting forum mentioned....what is this? i have bben on this site since november and have not once ever seen this? somebody help?

They would tell you, but then they would have to kill you.

Seriously, I've been on for 5 years and I don't know how to get to the recruiting site either. I think there was some kind of sign up once, but it didn't work when I tried.